rinney- giving birth (6)

Finney goes into labour a full week after his due date. The last few days leaving him uncomfortable and miserable, and more than ready to meet their son.

Robin drives him to the hospital when his contractions start to be more intense and Finney is grateful for how calm and collected his husband is right now.

For the next 10 hours, Robin massages Finney's back when the poor boy experiences back labour, he lets Finney squeeze the life out of his hand through particularly painful contractions, and he whispers words of praise and encouragement in his husband's ear as the younger man moans in pain.

Robin rejoices with his husband when the doctor comes in and announces that Finney is dilated enough to start pushing. He helps his husband curl up into himself when he's pushing and he makes sure Finney's matted curls stay away from his sweaty face. He reminds his husband how strong and amazing he truly is when the younger man feels defeated at the slow progress he's making. It's all worth it in the end when, after a full hour of pushing, Finney gathers all his strength for one last push and their son slips out into the world, crying loudly.

An hour later, Finney is pressed up against Robin' side in the small hospital bed, sore and exhausted. Their newborn son is sleeping soundly on Robin' chest. As Finney starts to drift off to sleep, he thinks of all the things he had to endure in order for him to be here; it's nothing compared to the intense love he feels for the little infant he met a mere hour ago. Giving one last glance to Robin and Atlas, he knows he would go through all of it again a thousand times over, as long as his husband is there each and every time to lovingly take care of him the way only he knows how.

———————-

let me know if you liked the trans/pregnant Finney & Robin ones!!:)