rinney- daughter bday party (1)

Their daughter's fifth birthday party
(trans finney)

Finney awoke to the sun beaming into the bedroom through the slight openings of their floor length curtains. He hummed as he stretched his body from being curled up under the covers since the A/C was on full blast all night.

He turned over onto his back and let out a heavy breath as he laid there in silence while his husband was quietly snoozing beside him.

Finney quietly sighs as he brings a hand to his slightly swollen belly thinking about what day it is.

It was July 6th, one of Finney's favorite days.

It was the day he became a momma.

Five years ago, Indie Rose Arellano was born and changed Finney and Robin's lives forever.

Today was her official birthday and they were having a princess birthday party just for her. They had tons of people coming to celebrate, kids from her kindergarten class, family, and friends of the family.

They had so much to do so Finney wanted to get what he could done so he'd have time to relax before the guests arrived.

Finney rolled over and pressed up against his husband's naked back, he then lifted himself up and kissed Robin's face until he woke up.

Robin wasn't a heavy sleeper so he woke up as soon as he felt movement from his husband. He kept his eyes closed and smirked feeling the kisses Finney gave him to wake up.

"Mmmm," He hums and cracks an eye open. "Morning pretty boy." Robin turns his body around and faces his husband. "How's my baby mama this morning?"

Finney smiles as he answers, "Good."

"Big day today. Indies the big 0-5."

"I know. Our baby's growing up." Finney frowns and swallows as the thought of his little girl getting older sits heavy on his heart.

He hadn't even realized he was crying until he felt a hot tear roll down his cheek.

"Baby why're you crying?" Robin asks, using the pad of his thumb to wipe away that single tear.

"Hormones." Finney answers and wipes his eyes as more tears fall. He chuckles, embarrassed. "She's growing up so fast, I can't take it."

"I know but she's turning into a beautiful young lady. You should be proud of her."

"I am, I am." He nods and swallows again. "This one's just making me emotional." He blames the baby inside his belly which makes Robin laugh.

"They don't mean it." Robin supplies as he brings his hand over, pressing it against Finney's bump. "Isn't that right kiddo? You don't mean to make momma so emotional on such a fun day right?"

There was a bit of movement but not much since it was still early in the morning.

"Oh babe." Finney sighs and checks the time. "We gotta get a move on if we want to get this place done up for her party."

"Okay." Robin stifles back a yawn. "God it's early."

"Yep but we have to make our girl's party look amazing."

"As always." Robin confirms and gives his husband a kiss before removing the covers from their bodies so he can get out of bed.

Finney watches his husband make way to their ensuite while he sits up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Mama." He hears a sweet voice down the hall.

Finney sighs again as he gets himself out of bed, leaving the blankets a mess, and pads down the hall to their two year old's bedroom.

He pushes the door open and spots his son sitting up in his bed, whining.

"Mama." Rowan reached his arms out for Finney, wanting to be held.

"Morning buddy." Finney ruffles his son's dirty blonde curls. "You're up early." He comments while Rowan curls into his momma's side.

"I tiwed."

"Yeah? How 'bout you go lay on the couch for a little bit while daddy makes everyone breakfast?"

"Kay." Rowan nods.

"Okay. Do you think you can walk for momma?"

Rowan nods again but holds onto Finney's hand as they get off his bed and make their way downstairs.

Downstairs, Robin had already started working on breakfast for everyone, specifically Indie since it was her special day.

Aside from their own little family, their extended family were starting to wake up as well. Bruce, Vance, Donna, and Gwen had all got in late last night to surprise Indie when she woke up. She has no idea her aunties and uncle are here so she was in for a big surprise.

The adults were nursing cups of coffee and sitting around the table talking while Finney helped his husband prepare their meal.

Robin whipped up a batch of homemade pancakes along with eggs, bacon, sausage, and a fruit salad. He liked to give his guests a variety plus he wanted to make sure Indie ate so she had stuff to choose from.

When breakfast was ready, Finney went back upstairs to wake the birthday girl.

He made his way into her room and walked over to her bed, smiling at how peaceful she looked while she slept.

He bends down and kisses her forehead then gently pets her head until she awoke.

"Indieee." He quietly sang as she stirred. "Wake up baby."

The five year old's eyes fluttered open and she smiled as she saw her momma hovering over her.

"Good morning sweetheart. Happy birthday."

"Tank you momma."

"You wanna go downstairs and get some breakfast? Daddy made pancakes just for you."

"Yeah." She yawns.

"C'mon let's go."

Indie gets out of bed and like her brother, she holds Finney's hand all the way during their descent downstairs.

When Indie reached the last step, she rubbed her eyes and heard lots of chatter.

"Who here momma?" She asks.

"I don't know. Let's go see." Finney took hold of her hand again and led her to the kitchen where her aunts, uncle, dad, and brother were all sitting at the table.

Indie gasps seeing everyone and her cheeks were a dark shade of pink as she stayed at Finney's side.