brance- big spoon, little spoon

Before Bruce, Vance would sleep on his front. He always gets warm at night, so he sleeps with as little clothing as possible. His arms stay tucked under the pillow, his head turned just enough so it's not smushing his nose.

But again, that was before Bruce. Now, he's the little spoon. Vance isn't totally sure when it happened. When he and Bruce first started sleeping together (actually sleeping), they both just slept in their own positions, right next to each other.

One of those nights must have been a turning point- maybe Bruce decided he wanted Vance in his hold, or the older boy subtly pressed up against Bruce's chest until he was in his arms.

Maybe it just happened in their sleep one night. But Vance's glad it did. He might've been embarrassed at first; who would've thought Vance Hopper likes to be held by Bruce Yamada? Now though, he can't sleep without his back pressed against his lover's chest.

Vance usually dozes off first, and he's always the first to rise. He loves it, being able to watch Bruce in the morning. He'll carefully turn over to face Bruce, somehow still staying in his arms. His hands will roam all over Bruce's face, ever so lightly. His lips, his nose, his eyelids.

Yes, Vance loves waking up first. It's his favorite part of the day.

Before Vance, Bruce always slept on his back. He always has to be touching something though- a hand resting on his stomach or clutching the blanket or even back underneath his pillow. Whatever it is, he can't just keep his hands by his side. Now though, he gets to hold onto Vance at night.

That by far is his favorite thing. Bruce loves being the big spoon. It just works out so well. Vance is warm and Bruce gets cold, so it's the perfect opportunity to stay cozy. Bruce has a tendency to rub the freezing tip of his nose against Vance's neck, which the latter tells him not to every time. Bruce just can't help it.

He always keeps the blanket pulled up over his shoulder and his arms wrapped firmly around Vance's waist, gentle touches soothing his boyfriend to sleep. Bruce always wakes up last, but he usually stays up longer than Vance. He loves the peaceful moments at night when he's the only one up, just focusing on the strange calmness that he's still getting used to. He rubs his cheek against Vance's hair, listening to all the soft sounds in the room.

The light, easy breaths and soft snoring that Vance produces is adorable to him, and Bruce loves the moments when they can both just relax. Vance doesn't know when they first started spooning, but Bruce does. One night, he woke up at an ungodly hour. It must have been about three in the morning. Bruce had turned his head, looking at the perfect boy beside him, sleeping on his front and his arms bundled under the pillow.

Bruce remembers vividly that he was freezing, and upon gently nudging Vance's arm, his boyfriend was pleasantly warm. Carefully, Bruce wrapped his arms around Vance, gently tugging him against his chest. He slept a lot better that night. Ever since then, it was routine. Bruce would open his arms and Vance would scoot right in.

Even if neither of them would admit it audibly, they both love their roles as big and little spoon.

Vance used to always sleep on his front, and Bruce on his back. Now, they both sleep on their sides.