brance- its a bad day

Tw- self harm

He finds Bruce on the bathroom floor, a glint of metal between his fingers and a sleeve rolled up. Vance swears his heart stops beating, at least until he realizes that there's no red, no blood or cuts. He's not entirely reassured though, and the worry and fear eat at his insides as he takes in the scene.

He approaches Bruce slowly, not wanting to startle him. He seems to be in a sort of trance, oblivious to the outside world. Vance doesn't bother being quiet, he's trying to make his presence known, but it's not until he crouches down right next to Bruce that the other man finally looks up.

"It's a bad day," Bruce says, and that's all the explanation Vance needs right now. He gently pries the razor from Bruce's fingers and slips it into his pocket to dispose of later. He knows that if Bruce really wants to hurt himself he'd find a way, but Vance intends on taking away all the easy options.

He plops down on the cold, tile floor and sits facing Bruce. He takes his hands and squeezes them gently, a small reminder that Bruce isn't alone, not any more.

"Did something happen?" He asks. Bruce shakes his head no. Vance understands, there isn't always a concrete reason for feeling like this. Bad days just happen sometimes, the weight of the darkness catches up to Bruce and there isn't anything he can do besides wait it out, trusting that it will get better.

It's easier now that he has someone to wait with him, though Bruce feels bad about dragging Vance into it all.

Vance refuses to let him hide, and reminds Bruce that he loves all of him, even the dark twisty bits that Bruce spent so many years trying to cut out of his self, excising demons with his trusty scalpel and trying to bury the parts that wouldn't come out.