rinney- cherished

When Finney's very pregnant and uncomfortable, Robin finds a way to make him feel loved and cherished-

"Darling! Will you come in here, please?"

Finney groans. "Do I really have to?" He asks with an exasperated sigh.

He's only just managed to find a semi-comfortable position to lay in and the baby isn't pressing on his bladder for the first time in what feels like weeks. The very last thing Finney wants to do is get up right now.

Robin pokes his head through the doorway between the ensuite bathroom and their bedroom, giving Finney a sympathetic smile. This is half his fault anyways.

"Please?" He says in that sickly sweet voice he only uses with Finney. "I promise it'll be worth it."

"Fine." Finney huffs, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and heaving his sore body to its feet with a slightly exaggerated grunt. One of his hands immediately goes to support his poor lower back, the other gently resting atop his swollen middle as he waddles to the bathroom to see what Robin has deemed so important that he needed to show him this very instant.

The room is bathed in a soft amber glow when Finney steps in, completely dark except for a handful of scented candles providing muted lighting along with a pleasant floral aroma. The bathtub is filled with pale pink water and mounds of inviting bubbles, making Finney want to dive in nose first.

"You fixed it," he says after a moment of silent shock. "The bathtub."

He can see Robin nod his head and smile despite the low light. "I did, yeah," his husband says without missing a beat. "Turns out the stopper needed to be replaced, so I picked one up while I was out earlier. It was easy enough to switch out."

Finney can't help but burst out crying as he hears Robin speak, fat tears rolling down his fair cheeks as he takes in the state of the room around him.

"Oh don't cry, love." Robin closes the distance between them, wrapping his arms around Finney and pulling him as close as possible with the growing bump getting in the way. "What's wrong? Are you hurting?"

"You're way too good to me," Finney sobs out, hiding his face in the crook of Robin's neck. "I don't know what I've done to deserve you."

"Oh darling," Robin chuckles, clearly relieved to find out the cause of Finney's tears is simply hormonal. That's been happening a lot lately. "I just wanted to do something nice for you. To thank you for doing this."

Robin places his hand on the side of Finney's bump, smiling when the baby almost immediately gives a small kick against his hand to greet their Daddy.

Finney sniffles as he places his own hand on top Robin's, content to feel their child move inside him for a few seconds.

"You should get in before the water goes cold," Robin suggests softly. "I made you some tea as well."

Finney's eyes follow Robin's extended pointer finger until they land on a steaming cup of tea waiting for him on the ledge of the tub.

"Can you help me in?" Finney asks shyly. He hasn't been able to get in or out of the bath by himself since the beginning of his third trimester.

"Of course," Robin assures him with no hesitation. "Let's get you undressed first, love."