64. LUKE HUGHES | devils

so this is a hughes sister imagine! quinn and jack are definitely in this imagine, but luke deserves some more love so most of this is centered around him!

This week had been absolute shit. You were recovering from incredibly draining respiratory infections and double ear infections, and had been out all week. Of course, all you wanted during that time was your brothers, but Quinn was in Vancouver, Jack was in New Jersey and although Luke was playing hockey at the University of Michigan, he had a shit ton of schoolwork to do for his sports management and general business classes. Add that on top of all his practices, there was no way in hell he could come home for a visit.

Both your mom and dad were extremely understanding with your inability to go to school, which helped a little bit. Of course, at the beginning of the infections they pushed you a little bit, but your mom backed off when she realized that you were refusing to go to hockey practice because you felt so bad. If there's one thing she knew, it's that all of her four children never turned down time to play hockey.

When you woke up this morning, you felt a little better than you had been, so you decided to go to school. Of course, you didn't have any of your work from the week done because you had literally been bedridden, but you didn't let that bother you because you knew your school's policy: a student has the amount of time they're absent to make up their missing work. Plus, it was Friday, so you knew you could do it over the weekend, and secondly, all of your brothers were off for a bit, so they had informed your parents and you that they'd all be coming home. You figured that nothing could ruin your positive mood.

Boy, were you wrong. You got to school and managed to make it through most of the day, despite feeling increasingly worse and worse throughout the day. Most of your teachers had been incredibly understanding about you not having your work done and offered to help you create a schedule to hopefully not overwhelm you with due dates. You were extremely appreciative of their sympathy and promised to have your work done as soon as possible. Until 5th period, when your organic chemistry teacher screamed at you in front of the entire class for not having your work done. You respectfully tried to remind her of the school policy, but that seemed to be her breaking point. She smiled sarcastically at you and then proceeded to change your grade to a zero in the class, all for "disrespect."

Instead of arguing with her, you simply gathered up your stuff and packed up to go home. You called your mom and told her that you still weren't feeling well, which wasn't a lie, and she sent an email to the administrator telling him that it was okay if you went home. As soon as that happened, you exited the building and ran to your car, in which you bawled your eyes out before leaving and driving home.

When you pulled into your driveway, the first thing you noticed was Luke's car parked on the street. Your dad was at work and your mom's car was nowhere to be found, so you just assumed that she had run to the store to get some ingredients for dinner.