7. CAM ATKINSON | blue jackets

A/N: This has nothing to do with this chapter, but please do not pay any attention to what the 'list of requests' says. I'm basically not doing any of these players currently; if I am, then not very much. So please just don't pay attention to what it says and please keep enjoying this story! Plus, Seth Jones broke his foot *pouty face, pouty face*!

Imagine: 1,200 + words.

"The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from St. Louis, Missouri, Y/F/N Y/L/N!"

That's right. You heard it. Your name. You are going to be the second woman in the NHL. That was your lifelong dream, and yet, you made it!

To make it even better, you're drafted to the Columbus Blue Jackets, your all time favorite team!

You got up, hugged your mother and father, and then your two sisters, and last but not least, your brother.

You made your way out of the aisle where your seats were, and walked the short walking aisle to the stage.

You shook hands with and hugged Jarmo Kekäläinen, who was the one speaking for the Columbus Blue Jackets at the 2016 NHL Draft.

He handed you a jersey with the number 12 on it, but usually no one ever gets the number they received at the NHL Draft.

You took pictures with Jarmo, and then walked of the stage and said goodbye to your family members. (A/N: You don't automatically leave after you get drafted, but in the story you do!)

The team had bought you a plane ticket, to fly to Columbus and all.

You would have a busy week!

Things to do

-Fly to Columbus tonight

-Practice tomorrow

-Meet the players

\

You head out of the building to catch a flight to Columbus, Ohio.

----------

"Wow, Nationwide Arena! This is amazing!" you excitedly mutter to yourself.

"Are you ready to meet the players?" Jody Shelley asks you.

"Definitely." you tell him, before excitedly running into Nationwide Arena with him on your tail.

----------

"Guys, this is Y/F/N Y/L/N. If you didn't know, we drafted her last night. She is the second woman in the NHL. Please introduce yourself."

"Hi. It's an honor to be here!" you say with a smirk.

----------

"Hi, I'm Boone Jenner. It's nice to meet you, Y/N." You couldn't believe you were shaking hands with the actual Boone Jenner!

The last guy comes up. You already knew it was Cam Atkinson. "Hi, I'm Cam Atkinson. It's a pleasure to meet you; and congratulations on being the second woman to get drafted by an NHL team, and hopefully the first to make it into the regular season!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Cam." you calmly tell him.

"Okay..." Jody chimes in. "About the locker room situation..."