23. AUSTON MATTHEWS | maple leafs

@Kardelisa9022 requested this so I hope you enjoy this. I believe you requested a two in one so this is going to be a two in one imagine. I'm sorry if I got the plot wrong but i tried my best!

1st imagine:

You were studying at USC, trying to become a nurse or doctor.

You and Auston had been hoping the year would go fast because he lives in Toronto while you live here in California.

You look at the stack of important papers on your desk. You were so happy and ready to become a nurse, but boy, was it a lot of work!

It was Friday evening, and the Maple Leafs had a game against the Ducks. Or so you thought.

It was getting near game time, and you heard a knock on the door. You figured it was just your roommate, Anna, coming home from softball practice.

But boy, were you wrong.

You opened the door to be totally caught off guard, but in a good way. There was Auston, hair slicked back, flowers in hands.

"Auston!" you yelped, running up to give him a hug. "It has been so long!!"

He carefully put down the flowers, returning the hug, "Oh, Y/N, I finally get to see you again! I haven't seen you in years!"

"What brought you back to Cali?" you asked him.

"I wanted to surprise you. And, by the way, the game isn't today, it's on Sunday."

That was all part of his plan. And it did work.

"I'm just so glad I got to see you again. I never thought long distance would work out. "

"Neither did I, but here we are, together again at last!"

"Alright," Auston continued, "go get ready. I have a fun night for us planned out."

"Okay," you inform him.

You head up the stairs, grabbing a short, flowing black dress, and grabbing your red heels.

You head into the bathroom and change, before heading back down stairs to find Auston looking at his phone.

"Hmmm," you murmur, causing Auston to look up.

"Wow," he whispers, "you look beautiful..."

"Thanks," you reply, heading out the door with Austin on your tail.

You hopped in the car as Auston gave you the flowers.

As you arrived at your destination, you realized you and Auston would be eating at the cute little pizza shop where you guys had your first date.

"Oh, my God, Auston!"

"Yeah, I know. I figured it would be a special place considering it's our 5 year anniversary.

It may seem like you forgot, but you had a surprise for him at your place.

You and Auston headed inside. You picked out a table, the one you guys first ate at as a couple.

You ordered your food and just as you were about to leave, Auston said something, "Y/N, I don't wanna be your boyfriend anymore..."

You immediately thought of the worst.

"Y/N, I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore because I want to be your husband," Auston said as tears brimmed in your eyes. Auston then proceeded to get down on one knee.

"Alright, I'm just going to get to the point," Auston clarified, "I had this huge speech memorized but I can't remember any of it," Auston said, causing you to chuckle.

"Y/N, will you make me the happiest person in the world and marry me?" Auston asked you, waiting for your response.

"Yes. A million times yes."

Auston got up and kissed you on the lips lightly.

Boy, this was an awesome day with your awesome fiancé.

Imagine two:

Your whole body was shaking. You were so nervous.

You had been offered a volleyball scholarship at a university in Toronto, and you would finally get to see him again. You would finally get to see your boyfriend of 1 year again. You would get to see Auston again.

It is currently 7:01, and the Maple Leads game against Vancouver would start for about half an hour. The players jut came onto the ice, the Maple Leafs at your end of the arena.

Mitch spotted you first. He went over to Auston and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, causing him to turn around.

Mitch then proceeded to point at you, causing Auston to skate over to the glass. His eyes went wide open when he saw you, and he just waved to you. You politely waved back.

--------

The third period had just ended, with Toronto winning 5-4 in a shootout.
The Maple leafs gave you a heart attack, but thanks to the two shootout goals from Auston and Mitch, you were happy.

Pretty much all the fans had left by now, and the arena was almost empty. Just then a security guard came and tapped you gently on the shoulder.

"Um, excuse me, Miss, but one of the Maple Leafs would like to see you. He requests you come down now." You just simply nod your head.
The man leads you out into the main area of the arena and down two flights of stairs.

He then leads you through a series of hallways and you're finally at the locker room.

"You're just minutes away from seein Auston, calm down," you told yourself. But you couldn't face the fact that you just thought of.

After about two minutes of waiting, the security guard finally let you into the locker room.
You came running towards Auston, who caught you in his arms.

"Hey, nice to finally see you again, Y/N!" Auston tells you as you cry into his shoulder.

"You too," you choke out, causing him to stroke your long hair.

He lets you down after you stop crying, causing you to get right to the point, "Auston, I have news," his look automatically changes from excited to worried.

The whole team was listening now, "Okay, what is it, Y/N?"

"Auston, a university in Toronto offered me a volleyball scholarship, and I took the offer. I move to Toronto in two weeks." you tell him, only causing him to smile, nothing more.

Suddenly, he grabbed you and gave you a long, passionate kiss on the lips, one that expressed all of his love for you.

"Get a room you two!!" Mitch yelled, causing all of you to start laughing.

"Sorry Marner, but you'll understand when you get a girlfriend, if you ever do." Auston told his teammate, who glared at him with a disgusted look on his face.

Alright, sorry for the endings, they're getting worse and worse! But I hope you all enjoyed this two in one imagine!