32. MARKUS NUTIVAARA | panthers

This imagine is going to be in "Sofia's POV" instead of "Y/N's POV" because Sofia is Markus' sister (actually). That's a pic of them up there👆🏻.

MARKUS' POV:

As the horn blares signaling it's time for intermission, I head to the bench. I get in line right after Anderson and high-five our amazing fans.

When I get into the locker room, the whole team listens to Tort's talk about how great we're playing and how to keep it up. When he finishes, we all take our gear off to let off some heat.

With five minutes left of 1st intermission, we are all starting to get our gear back on. Just as I finish getting my pads back on, Coach comes out and tells everybody to listen up so we can hear him. We all get quiet, and Coach says, "Markus, this is directed towards you,"

All eyes are on me. "It's about Sofia." Coach finishes. My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. I manage to get out a shaky, "What about Sofia?!"

Coach speaks again, "She was hit by a car when she was driving to the arena, the doctor ñinformed me that she has severe brain damage and she's in a coma."
I feel like crying. "Can I go?!" I ask him. He nods his head.

I rip my pads off and quickly change into an extra outfit I have in my hockey bag. A gray t-shirt, black sweatpants and some red Nike shoes.

I grab my stuff and haul it over my shoulder. Before I leave, Jonesey says, "I'm praying for you, Markus. Tell Sofia I said good luck." I quickly thank him and nod my head. I then quickly head out of the locker room and to my car.

Once I get in there, I immediately head to ththe hospital. My hands are trembling the whole ride there. I'm scared for my baby sis. She's my whole world.

Once I reach the hospital, I basically run to the front desk. I ask the technician, "What room is she in?! Sofia Nutivaara!"

"Room 206."

I thank her and run through the halls, not caring if I get in trouble. When I finally reach her room, my heart breaks at the sight of her. She has a huge scar running down the left side of her face, and her body is hooked up to a bunch of machines. As I'm crying I sit next to her, saying what could be my last words to my baby sister. Forever.

"Sofia, please don't give up. You're my everything, and if I lose you, my whole world will come crashing down. Just collapsing. I can't lose you now. I can't lose you now. There's so much more you will get to do, don't give up just yet. I love you! Stay strong, baby sis-" But before I could finish, I heard the machine flat lining. That's when I get really scared.

I screamed for doctors, desperate to get some help for my baby sister. The doctors rushed in and told me to leave the room. I reluctantly did.

When they came out, I knew they were going to say something bad.

"I'm sorry, but we lost her. The official time of her death was 8:26 P.M."

I cried and cried. My sister-my everything- didn't listen to me. She gave up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••>>•••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I wake up, I let out a blood-curdling scream. I'm in a cold sweat. I'm breathing heavy and fast.

As I sit up, Sofia comes rushing into my room. "Markus! What's wrong?!! You scared me!!" I'm really relieved. It was only a dream.
I motion her to come over to me. She sits on my bed. I'm nearly in tears.
"I-I-I thought I-I l-l-l-lost you. Y-y-you we-e-r-r-re dead, Sofia."

She comes over and hugs me, "It's okay, Mark. I'm right here." I immediately hug her back.
"I-I-it's j-just, you were h-h-h-h-h-h-hurt." I really stutter on that last part.

"Markie, I'm here and will always be here."
I tighten my grip on her. "Okay," I get out.
"Just promise me you'll never leave me?"  I stick out my pinkie.

As she wraps hers around mine, she says, "Promise." And smiles. I smile too.

We stay like that for the rest of the night. I made her stay in my bed, just to make sure she wouldn't slip away from me anytime soon.

And, when I wake up in the morning, she's still there, intertwined in my grip. I made sure I didn't let go for the rest of the day.

I know I've been doing a lot of Nutivaara imagines lately, but I really like them. And I really like these brother- sister imagines!

I'm sorry for the short imagine and crappy ending. But, I hope you enjoyed!
❤️noah.