50. PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS | blue jackets

this is part two to my last pierre imagine! i hope you enjoy :)

The vacant stares of the other hospital patients were beginning to annoy you. The same sympathetic smile and pity filled eyes just made you want to shrink even more into your uncomfortable hospital bed. The smell of death and sadness had been masked with a cheap disinfectant - not very well, though.

You were sick of being looked down upon because you had an illness that drove you to do things that weren't considered 'normal'.

"Y/N?" your best friend, Pierre-Luc, called.

"Yes?" you rasped, rather uncomfortable under his gaze.

"How did it get to be like this? Why didn't you tell anyone?" his eyes filled with unshed tears at the love of his life lying in a hospital bed.

"I didn't think anyone was wrong..." you trailed off, playing with the blanket.

"Oh, so nearly falling down the stairs because you have no energy, your ribs and hips showing prominently and fainting in my arms is right?" he asked, sarcasm lacing his tone.

"Well, it's worth it... I'm skinny now." you said, conviction in your eyes.

"No, Y/N, you are not skinny. You are dangerously underweight and very close to not having a heartbeat. I just... just left you there! Why didn't I tell anyone to go up and check on you? God damn it- I'm so fucking stupid!" Pierre fought with himself, pulling at his light hazel hair and gritting his teeth.

"Don't you dare, P. You are not to blame. This is me- all me. It would've happened whether you were there or not. It's my fault and no one else's."

"But... but I could have helped you! I could've noticed if I was home!" Pierre was standing over you now as you two argued.

"No! What happened has happened! You don't have a choice in this matter anymore, it's the past! Just accept that!" you were hyperventilating and gritting your teeth.

"Y/N... I can't see you like this. You need help whether you like it or not. I will be at your side, the whole time. Whether it's 4AM or 4PM, I don't care. I love you, Y/N."

"That's still bullshit, Dubois, even a month later. But I love you too. Thank you for being you, and for sticking with me."

"Of course." With that, Pierre-Luc came and wrapped his strong yet gentle arms around you, immediately making you feel safe and secure. You wouldn't have it any other way.