59. SIDNEY CROSBY | penguins

this is for Kata1803 !!! thank you so much for requesting, and if it's not what you want, just let me know and i will be happy to fix it for you !!! <3

Sid placed his right hand on your shaking knee, his left hand on the steering wheel of your black Range Rover, his brown eyes focused on the road ahead of him. He was going to dinner at your house to meet your parents for the first time. Both of you guys were nervous, but Sidney was more of a nervous wreck on the inside while you showed it. He honestly was probably more nervous than you, especially considering the fact that your father is the Mario Lemieux- two time Stanley Cup champion as an absolutely outstanding player with the Pittsburgh Penguins and three as a manager of the Pens since 1999 (2009, 2016, and 2017), who your boyfriend looked up to in every single way.

"Y/N, please relax. It'll be okay." he tried to reassure you, but in all honesty, you weren't so sure. It made you feel bad that you were the one freaking out, and it should have been the other way around.

You sighed, "I'm sure they'll love you, Sid. I don't have any reason to be nervous. I just am. I'm sorry." It was true. You were sure that they would love Sidney, it's just, when your dad is the very overprotective Mario Lemieux, you're the hard to find boys who he will actually permit you to date.

"There's no need to be sorry, Y/N. It's totally understandable. I mean, your dad is Mario Lemieux, but I promise tonight I am only going to think about him as your father, not my outstanding hockey player role model since I was a little kid," your boyfriend mumbled, squeezing your left thigh as a way to try and comfort you. You smiled softly, thanking Sidney, and let him focus on the road as you looked out the passenger side window and focused on the setting sun.

Soon enough, you found yourself in the driveway of your childhood home as your chocolate-haired boyfriend parked the car. Sid got out and quickly made his way over to you, opening the passenger side door and gently grabbing your hand as you grabbed the brownies you made to help you out of the car.

You carried the homemade brownies in your right hand, your left hand linked with Sid's as his thumb stroked the back of it soothingly. You looked over at him and smiled softly, to which he returned the smile.

Approaching the front door, you smoothed down the blue material of your flowly floral dress, and then you knocked on the door. Soon enough, the white door that you recognized so clearly swung open, only to reveal your mother.

"Y/N!" she yelped, happy to see you again. Your mom pulled you into a hug before taking the brownies you worked so hard on out of your hands. She talked with you for a couple minutes before turning to Sid, "And you must be Sidney. Come on in." she smiled warmly.

You went in first and Sidney smiled brightly, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Lemieux," he stated, "I have heard a lot of wonderful things about you."

Your mom smiled back at your boyfriend and pulled him into a hug, "Please, call me Natalie! It's a pleasure to meet you, you're so polite!"

After awhile of some small talk, your mother directed both you and Sid towards the couch in the living room as she took the rich chocolate brownies into the kitchen. She came back out and sat down in a chair across from you and your boyfriend, smiling warmly, "Now we're just waiting on your father, Y/N. He should be down soon. Sidney, may I help you to a beverage?"

Before he could answer, your father, Mario Lemieux, came down the stairs, dressed in a navy blue dress shirt and a pair of slim black dress pants, and a pair of some dress shoes to top the outfit off.

"Sorry I'm late, everybody." he smiled, looking at you, "Y/N, I've missed you, amour."

You smiled and got up to hug your dad. "I've missed you, papa," you started, staying in his embrace for a bit before pulling away, "Papa, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Sidney."