52. ARTTURI LEHKONEN | canadiens

this is for NylanderBrothers ! i hope you enjoy it, sorry this took so long to get out! if it's not what you want, don't be afraid to tell me and i will do my best to fix it for you! ❤️

"Do you think maybe this was a bit over the top?" you whisper against the tip of Artturi's ear, a smile beaming on your face and making every fibre of your being glow like a shooting star as Artturi whisks you around the dance floor, your eyes shy and nervous as they catch the happy look of your family and guests over the shoulder of Artturi's black suit jacket.

"Nonsense, love, a bohemian themed wedding just seems right. I know it's your favorite style. Plus, I've been waiting to say since I saw you walking down that aisle, just positively itching during the vows to remind you how absolutely ethereal you look. How on Earth did some old hockey loving fool like me manage to capture my own galaxy?'

You thwack his shoulder, laughter erupting from your throat like bubbles as you can't contain your giddiness. Arturri grabs your intertwined fingers just that little bit tighter as he leans down to press a fervent kiss against your forehead, careful, after years of practice and his own experience, not to smudge your makeup.

"I wouldn't call you a hockey fool, per se. I don't know, I always found great hockey players, except Brendan, of course, attractive, and now look at me, marrying the Canadiens King."

This makes Arturri burst out into fits of laughter. Genuine, hearty laughter that only you can elicit from him as he tugs you against his chest, not noticing his bow tie tilting slightly from the action. He just relishes in the moment, one he's dreamt about ever since he met you, closing his eyes softly. This must be paradise, he thinks, my own perfect little eternity as your dress puffs brush over his knees, his blonde hair falling adorably in stray curls over his eyes.

You break the silence by whispering, "Your vows were beautiful, by the way." your stunning white satin wedding dress twirls over the wooden floor, reflecting the red, blue and yellow lights that are emitted from the fairy lights hanging from the ceiling and the sparkling streamers that fly above you like fireworks.

His arms clumsily re wrap around your shoulders, pulling you tight into his chest. You feel the heat radiate from his skin as your fingertips come up to rest on the navy silk covering his chest. One of his hand entangles in your hair, cupping your forehead so he can have easy access to press peppering kisses against your skin, his breath tickling you as he whispers, "All I had to do was look at you and everything just came flowing out from my heart."

The other gently strokes small figure eights into your skin, pausing after a few minutes so he could cup your face, his thin hand running over the curve of your jaw as he stares into your eyes, his beautiful eyes wide and blurry as he places his forehead against yours, swaying the two of you yet again to the music.

"Artturi," you breathe out shakily, "this is the best day of my life, and I don't think anything could ruin it. So, I guess this is the best time to tell you."

"Tell me what, prinsessa?' Artturi slows slightly, amused apprehension making him raise one thin eyebrow as he smiles hesitantly down at you, the obvious devotion swirling in his eyes, giving you a surge of confidence as you grab his lanky fingers, pulling on them lightly, cold and shaking slightly. He eagerly returns the intimate embrace, even more confused as you lower your hands down to your stomach, placing his palms flat against the tight lace surrounding your abdomen.

"You-you-you're-"

"I'm pregnant, Artturi. I'm pregnant."

As you gaze up at him, scared out of your mind, your worried that he's about to keel over at his own wedding, his shoulders swaying from side to side and his face growing almost see through, his eyes beginning to roll slightly up. He suddenly snaps out of it once you put a hand on his shoulder, the guests beginning to natter loudly as they step out onto the floor, throwing concerned side eyes at the two of you as Artturi just stares, his face blank and eyes distant as they look into yours. Suddenly, his arms come to wrap around your waist, lifting you high up into the air and twirling you around as he begins to squeal, his feet jumping lightly off the floor as he starts shouting, "We're pregnant, everyone! I'm going to be a dad!"

"You better be an amazing dad or else I won't be afraid to beat the hell out of you!" your brother, Brendan, shouts from the crowd, scaring your now husband just the slightest bit.

"Not the time, B, not the time!" Jesperi Kotkaniemi scolds at him, and you look back at Artturi, his eyes now filled with happiness.

"I'm seriously going to be a dad?" he asks, a huge smile plastered onto his face.

"Yes, Arrturi, we're going to have a mini you or a mini me running around the house in eight months or so." you smile, resting your forehead against his.

He pulls you into a sweet and passionate kiss without a second thought, "I love you so much, you know that, right?"

You smile into the kiss, "Of course love, of course."

With that, you spent the rest of the night with your head resting in Artturi's chest. He swayed with you, back and forth, and held you in his arms like he was afraid to ever let you go.

this boy is an angel <3