51. TOM WILSON | capitals

this is for kardelisa9022 ! thank you so much for requesting!

You weren't typically the fighter for your team. That job usually belonged to your teammate, Lena, but you pissed off some girl from the opposing team by just playing clean hockey, and she decided to fight you without a second thought.

Because you didn't have a ton of experience, you lost the fight - desperately.

Within the first three punches, the girl's fist connected with your right temple, knocking you out immediately. Just as you hit the ice, unconscious, your boyfriend, Tom Wilson, was injured fighting Brad Marchand. You didn't know it at the time, but today would be one wild ride for you both.

"What happened?" you asked no one in particular, finally waking up from your long nap. You were in a room with the walls washed white, and you had a pounding headache on the right side of your head. Not only that, you had a few stitches in your left cheek, from a cut you had obtained when you hit the ice.

Suddenly, you remembered the fight. And just as suddenly, you received a text from André.

hey y/n. marchand took it overboard in a fight and tom is currently at the hospital, he's okay but he really wants to see you. lars and i are here, just thought i'd let you know!

oh, thanks burky! can you come to room 223 for a second?

oh... sure. what's wrong? you're not here too, are you?

um... no, of course not.

y/n, are you alright? you're starting to worry me

okay, i got knocked unconscious during my game, big deal! i'm fine, most likely a concussion and i have a huge gash on my face, but's it's okay. just come to 223 and bring me to tom, please.

y/n, oh my gosh! i'll be right there!

thanks, burakuda!

ANDRÉ:

"Hey guys, I'll be right back. I'm just going to the bathroom. Tom, rest, and Lars, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." I yelled to my teammates who were currently horse playing around in the small hospital room. Sure, Wilso had just been hurt, but that didn't stop him from play fighting with Lars like they were children.

Lars nods in my direction and I head out of Tom's room, and I quickly find the nearest nurse, "Excuse me, do you know where room 223 is located?" I ask, my Austrian-Swedish accent thickly laced in my tone. She smiles softly and nods.

"Yes, it's right down this hallway. Just head straight down and it should be on the left of the hall." the woman explains, and I quickly thank her.

I was confused as to why Y/N was here. No, it wasn't the fact that she had gotten a concussion, but what could she have done? Did she get hit real hard, or trip over her own skates? With Y/N, it could be anything. You had to always be ready to expect something crazy.

When I reach her room, I knock gently and enter the room only to see Y/N lying down on her hospital bed, watching the Canucks and the Hurricanes battle each other. When she notices me, she smiles softly.

Y/N'S POV:

"Hey, André." I whisper, my voice hoarse from not speaking that much. He smiles in my direction as my eyes wander from the TV to meet his gaze.

"Hi, Y/N. You wanna tell me what happened?" André chuckles lowly as he speaks. I roll my eyes, but give in and tell him anyway.

"I got into a fight, Burky." I say softly, my voice still scratchy. I run a hand through my Y/H/C hair and watch as André's eyes go wide.

"You? A fight? What? Okay, wait... who do I have to kill?"

I smile, "Only a girl who thinks slashing and tripping a girl and then punching them until they're unconscious is right." I explain, and his eyes go even more wide. I laugh, "Alright, enough of that. You want to take me to Wilson now?"

André nods his head, his chocolate curls mopping over his forehead. He hands me a bottle of water he apparently brought over from my boyfriend's room, and then head behind my bed and rolls me out of the room, but not before asking a nurse if it's alright.

"What room is he in?" I ask curiously.

"Room 298. Eller is in there with him."

"Is he alright?"

"Tom? Yeah, he's fine. He had to get a couple of stitches and the doctors just wanted to check up on him, which is why he's still here. Nothing," and André pointed at me, "compared to that gash. No concussion for him, either."

Soon enough, we arrived at Tom's room. "Knock knock," Burakuda states, gaining the attention of Lars and my boyfriend. "The princess is here!"

I smile softly, and Tom's eyes go wide. "Y/N? Oh my... baby, are you alright?!"

He rushes over to my bedside as André finishes pushing me into the room. He chuckles to himself and Lars just looks plain confused.

"I'm alright, Tommy."

"Good! Why are you here?"

"I got in-" but before I could finish, André charmed in.

"She got into a fight!"

Tom looks at me and inspects my injuries further. As soon as he realizes that I'm not seriously injured, he places his warm hand across my cheek, "Y/N, baby, what happened?"

I sigh, "I was on a break away and was about to score a short handed goal, but a girl from the other team slashed my wrist and then tripped me. I just got back up, and didn't do anything, but the refs blew the whistle for the penalty and she got all pissed, so she took it out on me. I didn't even throw a punch, but she punched me even after she knocked me unconscious."

Tom nodded sadly and I allowed him to climb into the bed with me, and he kissed the top of my head gently.

Lars looked up from his phone, and spoke directly towards me, "It looks like she got suspended for the next five games and has to pay a fine. If she doesn't obey, they're not going to let her play for a long, long time."

"What's her name, who do I have to kill?" Tom quietly asked.

"Why is that always your guys reaction?"

sorry if it got confusing switching from POVS, and sorry i switched from 2nd person to 1st person, but i hope you enjoyed! also, i apologize for the terrible ending!