Holding Onto You Chapter 51

Vincent's pov

As I suspected, the two guys hired by Henry didn't show up on Saturday morning and Brian and I decided to skip eating anything.

Henry and Kevin showed up sometime around noon or maybe it was a little later.

"Man the things we have to do to avoid the police is crazy but it's worth it because I get to tell you about the night I had with Hunter." Henry fired up as soon as he entered the warehouse.

As he spoke about everything he and Hunter did last night, I mentally scoffed because a full night meant more information and I'm sure Hunter managed to work his magic enough to know exactly where we were. I knew he was coming for me, I could feel it.

"Hunter doesn't want you anymore Vincent. He told me he wants to give us a chance. But hey, you should be used to being rejected, even your real parents didn't want you two." Henry laughed.

"I'm glad our real parents didn't want us because our adoptive parents love us more than your real parents love you. If your parents loved you they wouldn't have raised you to be so inhumane." I spat. If he thought his words could hurt me he was very wrong.

"If I was so inhumane, would I plan to take the two of you on an outing to get some fresh air. I found the perfect place yesterday where no one will find us. Come on, let's go. Remember, one wrong move and the gun goes off." Henry told us and I panicked. What if the police got here and we weren't here?

He and Kevin tied mine and Brian's hands behind our backs and unchained our ankles before leading us to the car.

We took off and I didn't know what was going to happen and it made me feel like just giving up and accepting what ever comes my way.

After driving a few miles, we turned into a place that was under construction. It was a golf course. We got out and were led down a hill and through the forest to a lake. It felt refreshing to be outside.

Brian and I were tied up against a tree with our backs facing each other and our ankles were tied as well.

"Enjoy the view for the afternoon, we head back to the warehouse tonight." Henry told us and he and Kevin went to the lake.

I breathed in the fresh air, resting against the tree.

"It feels good doesn't it." Brian sighed.

"Yeah." I muttered, my eyes shut.

"If Hunter found out the location, they will be waiting for us when we get back so don't worry and just relax." Brian assured me.

"Hunter is an angel so maybe I can telepathically tell him that I'm here." I was tired and I didn't have the energy to think of anything logical to get us out of here.

"While you're at it, tell him the lottery results for this week as well." Brian joined in and I just laughed enjoying the hot sun on my face.

We rested for about an hour before I heard movement and I opened my eyes to see Hunter and I knew I was dreaming. Hunter couldn't be here, especially not alone.

Brian's gasp snapped me awake fully and I looked again and realized that Hunter really was here.

"Hunter." I called and he ran up to me.

"Vincent." He cried, hugging me.

"Hunter it's so good to see you." Brian exclaimed.

"Hunter how did you find us? Who are you here with? It's too dangerous for you to be here." I panicked.

"Are you tied with rope?" He asked me.

Yes but it can only be undone with a knife." I replied.

He magically pulled out a knife and showed it to me. "how do I open it?" He asked.