Holding Onto You Chapter 37

Finn's pov

I needed to get out of here. Just for a little while. Vince was here with Hunter and Heather and her mum as well. I just needed fresh air.

"Vince I'm going to go for a walk okay. I need to clear my head. Stay here with Hunter, don't leave him." I told Vincent and he nodded.

I gave Hunter a kiss and told him. It took him a few minutes to agree but he finally did and I made my way out of the house inhaling the cool air.

I got in my car and rolled the window down, driving in a fast speed so the wind could hit me.

I just wanted to forget everything that happened and I knew there was only one way to do that.

I found myself parked in front of Brian's house having no clue how I got here. What was I going to tell him? That I wanted him to comfort me because I was upset. That I felt like crap and I knew he'd be able to make me feel better.

I got out my phone and called him. He answered and hearing his voice, I knew I'd come to the right place. "Hey Finn."

"Hey Brian." I breathed, relieved that at least he was in a happy mood.

"Wait Lucas I'm talking to my friend. Finn, Lucas wants to speak on the phone, just say hi to him." I could hear Lucas in the background, begging Brian for the phone.

"Hello." A little voice spoke, making me smile.

"Hey champ, how's it going?" I joined him in his enthusiastic voice as I got out of my car.

"Brian is helping me colour but he's not very good." He replied and this time I laughed.

"Well I bet I can do a better job, tell your brother to open the door for me." Maybe this would be a good distraction.

"Brian go open the door." Lucas told Brian and such a little guy giving such a command was adorable.

"Why, who's at the door?" Did Brian think Lucas was talking to the president on the phone?

"Whoever I'm talking to." The four year old was certainly smarter than his big brother.

"Oh, Finn. Finn are you outside my house?" It was about time.

"No Vin Diesel is. I sent him to deliver a car for you, I hope you like it." I guess sarcasm was the best way to forget all your problems.

"Haha, wait I'm opening." He cut the call and I walked up to the front door.

He opened the door and I entered walking right past him and up the stairs to his room. Lucas was lying on the floor with a colouring book in front of him and a ton of colours scattered around him.

"How come you're visiting Brian and not Vincent? Is Brian no more friends with Vincent?" He looked up at me with curious eyes.

"Brian and Vincent​ are still friends, very good friends. Brian and I are just friends. Brian loves Vincent and just likes me, just like how Hunter loves Vincent and just likes me." I sat down next to him and picked up a colour. "Vincent really is something right. I mean you've met him, you know what I'm talking about. He's like a magician. Or maybe a wizard. He definitely has powers."

"He's Superman and Batman and Spiderman, he told me that." Lucas corrected me, sounding so convinced.

I laughed. Only Vince would make a four year old think that of him.

"Yes he is." Brian sat next to me, joining in on the colouring. "Is this what you do every evening?"

"Most evenings, it's my favourite part of the day spending time with Lucas." He smiled at his brother, ruffling his hair.