Holding Onto You Chapter 28

Vincent's pov

"Heather." I called out on Thursday morning to get her attention as the bell rang for first period.

She left her friends and joined me as I walked to class. "Hey Vince, looking for your handbag? He's not here today. After our little talk last night, he got so freaked out that he refused to leave his bed this morning and made an excuse to my mum that he has a flu from going out in the cold last night. From the way he looked, I don't think he had any sleep last night. He must have been thinking of all the nights he's going to spend with you." She nudged me with a suggestive smile on her pretty face. She looked different today, happy.

"I told you it wasn't the right time to tell him. He's probably made up his mind that he's never going to let that happen to him." I told her as we entered Math class together. I sat down and she sat next to me.

"No way, his body is craving for more remember." She said in an imitating voice that made me smile. "But you won't even be able to rip off​ your shirt and show him your body to tempt him, you're going to have to work a lot harder to get him between the sheets."

"It'll be worth it." I replied honestly. "But first I want him to be my boyfriend. Which of course can only happen if we end our other relationships which is so hard because we don't want to hurt Finn and Brian which is why we came
up with a brilliant plan to get them together so that we're all happy
at the end and you are going to help us."

"What on Earth Vincent, you have more drama in your life than my whole cheer squad put together." Heather said and I sighed.

"I know." Just then I saw that asshole Kevin walk in to class. "Why do
you hang out with that piece of shit Kevin? I'm going to give him a new face one of these days. I'm just waiting for him to open his mouth and I'll close it forever."

"He's like a magnet to my squad, he doesn't leave us alone. He thinks
he's going to get lucky but obviously I'm not interested and neither are any of the other girls." She said, annoyed.

"I know someone who you might be interested in." I told her and she laughed.

"There's no boy in this school that has me looking twice."

"Not even Ryan?" I asked her and she pretended like his name didn't have an effect on her but I saw that it did ever so slightly.

"That boy can dream." She said as class started.

"Mark, I met this really hot girl yesterday, I should give you her number." I told Mark as we sat in the cafeteria during lunch.

"Why do you think I want anyone's number? I can find a girl myself." He replied.

"I just thought that maybe you've decided to move on since you're
chances with being with the person you like are over." I pointed to where Alex, Tyler and Sarah were sitting and a boy was sitting next to Alex and he had his arm wrapped around him and they kissed every so often as they all laughed and talked while they ate.

Mark turned to look and when he spotted them, all the colour from his
face vanished and he got a murderous look on his face. He balled his fists and tightened his jaw.

"Getting angry now is not going to help. You had your chance and you
blew it, now you can either forget Alex or fight for him. He obviously
couldn't have gotten over you that fast." I held his shoulder trying to
cool him down.

"I'm not angry, I don't care who Alex dates. Why would I care. I'm not
gay Vince and I feel nothing for Alex, nothing. I don't know where you
get your stupid ideas from." He denied, putting on a fake smile.