Holding Onto You Chapter 16

Hunter's pov

From the moment I entered school in my dads high school football jersey and a pair of jeans that my mum had made sure I wore and insisted that I looked just like dad, and very handsome, all I've been hearing is everyone talking about the game tonight and more distinctly the party that follows.

Vincent was walking beside me giving me tips on our English paper today as he led me to my locker when we were stopped by none other then the queen of wonderland known as Heather, my dear sister.

"Hey Vincent." She greeted, her voice completely different from when she says anything at home, which is not much. She sounded happy and flirtatious. "I've heard some rumors around school this morning and I'm not sure I believe them."

"Well if they're rumors then you're not suppose to believe them." Vince replied, his voice the complete opposite, sarcastic and uninterested.

"Even if they're about you and Brian, officially dating?" She asked, now sounding disgusted.

"That's not a rumor Heather, it's a fact." Vince told her, sounding irritated with her yet confident by what he said.

"Oh come on Vince, you can't possibly be gay. I mean I know how much you like girls." Heather protested.

"I still like girls but I like boys as well. And more specifically Brian. He has a heart unlike you. I mean how am I suppose to like someone who hates her own brother?"

My eyes widened in panic. I told him not to tell her that he knew. I could feel her eyes on me and I looked down.

"You told him." She seethed sounding angry.

My voice quivered as I spoke. "I'm... I'm sorry I didn't mean to, it just happened. But he won't tell anyone I promise." I told her hoping she wouldn't stay angry.

"Who else knows?" She asked.

"Heather please just listen..." I tried to explain but she just got angrier at me for not answering.

"Who else Hunter?" She shouted and I jumped out of my skin.

"Don't you dare scream at him Heather. You have no right to speak to him like that." Vincent cut in before I could reply.

"Vincent don't..." Was I seriously not going to get a chance to speak.

"Don't you dare tell me how I should and should not speak with my brother. This is between me and him and if you interfere you will regret it." Heather warned and Vincent snorted not taking her serious.

"Are you seriously threatening me you crazy bipolar bi..." He stopped when I cleared my throat and quickly corrected himself. "Girl! Crazy bipolar girl. You went from flirting with me to threatening me in half a minute. Who I date is none of your business and forget dating, I wouldn't spend even half a night with you. You're clearly heartless if you hate Hunter for what ever reason."

"Oh so he hasn't told you? He hasn't told you what he's done. What he's caused." Heather sneered letting out a humourless laugh.

"Heather please, please don't-- please..." I begged her but she went on.

"He's only showed you his sweet innocent side. The side that shows he's the victim in this. That everyone must feel sorry for him because his own twin sister hates him. Well it's true, I hate him. I have every reason to hate him." The more she spoke the more breath I was loosing. My palms were sweating and my head was spinning. Why wasn't Vincent stopping her.

"Heather I... I beg you, please st-- stop." My voice was weak and I'm sure she didn't hear me.

"He's not as innocent as you think. He's put up this pretend that he's so brave and optimistic and he can take on the world but in actual fact, he's weak and pathetic and he doesn't deserve anything. He doesn't deserve to have friends and go to school and date. He deserves nothing."