Holding Onto You Chapter 32

Vincent's pov

When Brian and I got back to the hospital the icu waiting area was full. Finn's parents were there, Hunter, Heather and Mrs. Haynes, mum and dad and the whole football team.

I went over to Hunter who was resting his head on his mum's lap. I took his hand and pulled him to his feet taking him to one side. I leaned against the wall and pulled him tightly in my arms.

"Hunter before you even say one word, I'm not in the mood of hearing your pity stories so don't you dare start with the whole I'm blind and useless so I couldn't save Finn drama. I won't be happy if you do." I told him. I didn't have the energy to deal with all that.

"I'm sorry." Why was he apologizing? This boy is impossible.

"No I'm sorry, I just have so much going on in my head and I'm taking it out on you. Are you hungry do you want to eat anything?" He rested his head on my chest.

"No I don't want to eat, I'm fine. Finn was at my house for so long and I didn't give him anything to eat, what if he's hungry. He can't go into a coma, he has to get up and eat." I rubbed his arm knowing that he was trying to find every reason why Finn had to wake up.

"You're tired Hunt, just rest and don't think of anything." He closed his eyes and his breathing stabilized immediately. I knew he wasn't fast asleep but he was resting and that was all he needed.

Mum came to me and I rested my head on her shoulder. "Vince they are letting two people go inside to see Finn every hour. Finn's parents went and his mum is asking if you want to go inside. I'll come with you if you want."

I looked at Hunter and for the first time since all this happened, he looked at peace. I wanted him to rest undisturbed.

"A little later mum." Maybe I was using Hunter as an excuse because I wasn't ready to see Finn. I knew it wouldn't be pretty.

Mum nodded in understanding and kissed my cheek before going back to sitting with dad.

About an hour later I decided I needed to see Finn. I needed to see that he was okay and the doctor's weren't lying. I needed to see if he was still here. I just needed to see him. Hunter was fast asleep so I lifted him in my arms and took him over to where all the guys were sitting on the floor and put him next to Brian placing his head gently on Brian's lap. I went to mum and the two of us entered the icu. We pulled on scrubs and gloves and sanitised our hands before going through the door that led me to my best friend.

He looked worse than I could imagine. There were just too many pipes and machines and beeping and I wanted to just pull it all out. I knew how much Finn hated the hospital and doctors. His head was wrapped up in bandage as well as his arm. The covers were up to his waist and he had a few plasters on his side and stomach. His face had bruises and his left eye was swollen. He had a pipe in his mouth but I could see that he had a bust lip.

There was a nurse sitting at the end of his bed writing stuff on a big chart. "Hi sweetheart how are you?" She smiled at me. "Hi ma'am how are you?" She greeted mum. We both greeted her back.

"Finn you've got visitors." She announced to Finn. "What's your name dear?" She asked me softly.

"Vincent." I answered.

"Vincent is here and I must say he's very handsome." She once again spoke to Finn like he was awake and responsive.

Something started beeping loud and fast and I jumped. Did Finn not want me here, was he angry with me.

"Don't worry my dear he's just excited. Hold his hand and speak to him." The nurse told me, calm as ever.

I nodded coming close to the bed. I took his hand in mine and it was so cold. "Hey Finny." I didn't know what else to say. I've never imagined myself in a situation like this.