Holding Onto You Chapter 43

Vincent's pov

I ran upstairs to put the gift Hunter gave me in my room before coming back down and headed for the door to go to Brian's house.

I didn't know if what I was doing was right but I just couldn't let Brian be by himself while I enjoyed the party.

While trying to maneuver around everyone I bumped into someone and was about to give him a new face when I saw that it was Leo and he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes that drove me crazy.

"Control yourself around me Leo, the party is just getting started." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes, trying to break free from the grip I had on him around his waist.

"You finally maned up and got Hunter. Don't screw it up Vincent, he only deserves happiness. Getting to spend the rest of your life with the one you love is not everyone's fortune, we should be lucky. You have Hunter and I have Kerry so we are sorted for life, don't do anything to change that." Why did he always have to get so serious about everything.

I pulled him against me, making it impossible for him to escape. "You have Kerry and I have Hunter, so why are you shaking?" I winked at him again and left him before he could respond.

I left the house and got in my car. I drove to Brian's house and hoped I wasn't making a mistake as I walked up to his front door.

I rang the bell and was received by his dad Kurt.

"Good evening sir, is Brian here?" I put on my best smile because he didn't look very pleased to see me.

"Vincent I don't think now is a good time to meet him. He told us about the break up and he's really upset. He pretends to be fine but he is devastated and besides weren't you supposed to be having a birthday party tonight?" He told me, stopping me from entering the house.

"I am having a party sir but Brian is more important than a stupid party. I need to speak to him, I can't see him upset like this. I can't leave him like this when he needs me. You need to understand the relationship between us sir, I have to see him." I tried to explain, hoping he would just move out of my way.

"Fine but if he gets anymore upset, you will be banned from this house and from talking to him in school do you hear me?" He warned me.

"Yes sir." I replied as he moved away from the door and I ran up to Brian's room.

I opened the door and I could hear low music coming from inside. I entered the room and saw that Brian was sleeping stomach down on his bed with his laptop in front of him and he seemed to be watching something on it. Only his bedside lamp was on so the room was lit up in a dim light that focused mostly on him.

He seemed to be so engrossed in his laptop that he didn't even realize I was hovering over him like a creep.

I sat down next to him and he jumped turning on his back with wide eyes. When he realised it was me he quickly shut his laptop, blushing.

"What were you watching?" I asked him, having no idea.

"Nothing, what are you doing here?" He questioned back.

"Nothing." I gave him his answer back and kicked off my shoes jumping into bed next to him.

"What about your party?" He looked so confused and cute while at it.

"It will go on without me." I assured him. His bed smelt nice. I rested on the pillow and stared at my shadow on the ceiling.

"Why are you here Vince, why are you making it even more difficult for me?" He breathed, lying down next to me.