Holding Onto You Chapter 31

Vincent's pov

I hovered my finger over the doorbell contemplating whether to press it to make my presence known or leave Brian's porch and go home.

I screwed up and he was pissed. Finn just had to go an tell him everything and probably blow it completely out of proportion and make me look like a cheater. Well it could be considered cheating but Brian didn't have to find out.

Hunter and I were wrong I know so their anger is justified but I could have been spared if Finn hadn't opened his big mouth.

"Vincent?" I spun around to find Brian standing on the porch step and he didn't look happy.

"Brian what are you doing here?" Shit this is his house.

"Just leave Vince." He pushed past me and opened the door slamming it shut once he was in his house.

Did Brian just slam the door in my face. The nerve. I stormed in and slammed the door myself looking around for him. He had a nice house. It was big and it had a warm welcoming feeling.

"Brian where are you, I'm going to kill you." I heard some noise and followed it to the kitchen.

I found Brian drinking water. "Oh I'm so scared." He fake shivered.

I launched for him and he opened the back door running out and I chased him as he ran out into the backyard.

He ran around to the one end of the pool and I stopped knowing he's just going to make me run around in circles. "How far are you going to run? When I catch you you'll know what it means to mess with Vincent Stone."

"Why are you running after me, go chase after Hunter. He's the one you want so go to him and leave me alone." He said, a hint of mockery in his voice.

With the afternoon sun and the pool water glistening on his face he looked mesmerising.

"I'm sorry okay Brian, I'm very sorry. I went too far and I'm an idiot for doing it. You trusted me and I broke all the promises I made to you. I'm a jerk and I'm ready to face whatever punishment you give me. I'll do anything please just stop looking at me like you want to drown me in the pool because once my dead body is all you're left with you'll wish you'd just forgiven me." His murderous gaze cut through my skin.

He walked slowly toward me closing the distance between us until he stood a metre away from me. A cold wind passed us making the air around us icy cold. I fitted my hands firmly in my leather jacket pockets trying to beat the chill. Brian seemed unfazed by the wind and I had a feeling it was just to prove that he was trying to be assertive and in charge of the situation.

He didn't say anything he just stood watching me but I didn't feel uncomfortable, it felt natural. I just wanted to hold him in my arms.

I moved forward and pulled him in my arms hugging him with all my might. He hugged me back making sure I knew that I belonged to him. The way he held onto me told me that no one else had this right and I made sure as well that he knew I was only his by bringing him so close to me I actually felt his heart beat against my chest.

"I am yours and only yours Brian, no one else's I promise." I released him and held his chilled face in my hands.

His arms were still firmly wrapped around me. "This is your one and only chance Vince, if you want Hunter then go to him right now. If Hunter is who you want then go and I won't stop you, but if you stay that's it. Hunter will just be your friend and nothing more so decide now and don't worry about my feelings just do what your heart tells you."

Was he seriously asking me to make a decision like that. I turned to stare at the pool, the water flowing with the wind and shining with the sun that did nothing to warm me up.