Holding Onto You Chapter 21

Vincent's pov

From the time I woke up at two pm, I've had three cups of coffee, two cups of tea, plenty of water, a whole load of pills and I was currently sitting in my sauna with my head resting on a cushion against the bath top but my head still felt like it was going to explode and I needed to do something about if fast because I'm meeting Brian's parents in less then two hours.

"Shit." Why on Earth did I drink so much last night. For the life of me I can't remember why I got so drunk but I know that it was something that affected me very much.

The last thing I remember was going to my room and finding Hunter sitting on my bed. My mind just refuses to remember what happened after that. But I wonder if maybe that's a good thing.

Right now I need to focus on convincing Brian's parents that he is not what they thing he is and I also need to impress them because they are my boyfriend's parents.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Brian is my boyfriend. I haven't been in a relationship for so long that I don't think I'm doing it right. I need to make him a top priority in my life. I need to make him feel special and loved. I need to spend as much time with him as I can that I fall in love with him. Because that's what I want to do.

I want to fall in love.

With him.

Or with Hunter.

My eyes snapped open at that and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why did I think that about Hunter.

I shook my head to clear it and regretted when it made my whole bathroom shake.

"I need more pills." I got out of the sauna and swallowed a few pills before taking a thirty minute shower.

I got dressed and went down to the kitchen where mum and dad were preparing dinner together.

"Hey sweety, how was the party last night?" Mum asked, handing me a glass of juice.

"It was going great until I had too much to drink and passed out in front of everyone and probably made a fool of myself." I gulped the juice down and put the glass on the counter before going around the table and giving mum a big hug.

"I'm going to meet Brian's parents today. I'm having dinner there. But first I need to get rid of my headache. Do something mum." I hid my face in her neck and it made all my pain disappear.

"Why did you drink so much? you know you're suppose to drink responsibly even at a party. Especially one hosted by you." Dad said as he chopped a tomato.

"Don't worry dad, even if I'm not at a party hosted by me, no one will dare do anything other then drink and dance." I replied, letting go of mum and sitting on the chair opposite where dad was standing.

They both chuckled. "Oh honey you remind me of your father when we were in high school. It must be the title of 'football captain' that gives you that power." Mum said shaking her head.

"No mum it's my good looks and charm and my intelligence and incredible smile that makes them all listen to me. I don't even have to say a word and they all listen to me." I knew I got that authority from dad.

"You are a carbon copy of your dad."

"I learn from the best." I said and high-fived dad who laughed.

"But I'm proud of you because you have a good heart and I know how much you care for everyone." Mum said and I looked at dad, making a face at all the mushy things mum was saying but even he knew how much I loved hearing all that from mum. "I just hope Vince that you don't use that authority on Hunter. He's such a sweet boy and I will be very angry if you make him afraid of you."