Holding Onto You Chapter 38

Vincent's pov

My anger scares me. It pushes it's way to the surface and tries to get the better of me. It persists that I act on it and it lingers around until I give it the satisfaction. But you fight it, ignore it and just when you think you have control it seeks out something to snap back into action.

That something was Finn as he made his way towards me just as I entered the cafeteria lunch time. Hunter was with his friends and I was glad because I was going to give Finn a new face. He stayed out of my sight the whole morning and now he had a nerve to actually come within ten feet of my view.

"Vince I need to talk to you, please it's important." Okay now I had no control over how furious I was.

I made to walk past him but he caught my arm and I pushed him back causing him to fall over and land on the floor.

I left the cafeteria and made my way outside. I went to the hill and sat down against the tree trying to once again gain control.

"This is so messed up." I breathed, inhaling the cool air.

I never thought I'd actually think that Hunter was so lucky that he didn't see what I saw last night. I was actually envious of his blindness.

What Finn and Brian did was so wrong. Finn stopped me from kissing Hunter and he slept with Brian. Why did they do it, why did Brian do it?

Brian is so loyal and trustworthy so why would he sleep with someone else. From the time we started dating, Brian has been perfect and I've always been the one to screw up but I've never gone this far. How am I supposed to trust him again?

"Vince." Finn snapped me out of my thoughts and I got to my feet.

I gripped him by his collar and slammed him against the tree. "You have no idea how angry I am with you. You better have a good explanation for what you did."

His eyes were begging me to calm down. "Vince just hear me out, please. When I left Hunter's house I was upset because he only wanted you."

"Oh so you did it to get back at us. Your boyfriend wanted me so you had to have mine." He shook his head with every word I said.

"No that's not it Vince. I just wanted someone to comfort me. Seeing Hunter's father again become so violent and aggressive wasn't easy for me and I wanted Hunter to be there for me but he only wanted you and I didn't know where else to go but I swear I didn't do it out of spite and I know it was wrong I'm sorry." He begged me to understand.

"You're sorry? You slept with my boyfriend and you're sorry. Listen to yourself Finn." I raised my voice and lifted my hand to hit the tree.

Finn thought I'm going to hit him and jumped back covering his face with his arms and he looked like a truck is about to run him down. "Don't hit me, please don't hit me. I'm sorry."

He was in tears and I took a step back in shock. He was shaking and cringing. What did that bastard do to him.

I pulled him in my arms and hugged him as tight as I could. "Hey it's okay, I'm not going to hit you. I'm sorry I scared you. It's okay I'm here Finny, no one is going to hurt you."

He hugged me back just as tight. "I just felt so alone and I don't even know why I went to Brian I just did. I'm sorry Vince."

"It's okay, just relax. You don't need to explain yourself." I hated seeing Finn so weak.

He pulled away from me to look at me. "Vince please don't be mad at Brian. It was all my doing I promise. I practically begged him and left him no choice. Please don't make him feel more guilty than he already feels. He is so scared, please go talk to him and tell him you forgive him."