Holding Onto You Chapter 20

Hunter's pov

They say there's a first time for every feeling.

Like the first time I went with mum and dad to the carnival when I was ten and I felt like the happiest kid ever, even though I couldn't see anything and I got fooled by Heather into going on the Ferris wheel and then I felt like I was having a stroke.

Or when I was twelve and I went with mum to the dentist one day and on the way back we got stuck in traffic for three hours and I felt extremely claustrophobic because it was raining so we couldn't open any windows.

Or the first time I opened my eyes and everything was gone. That feeling I'll never be able to explain.

But today, at my first ever party, sitting on Vincent's soft bed, I felt satisfied.

For the first time ever I felt completely relieved. I felt relaxed and less tense.

What I did in Vincent's bathroom was the strangest yet most amazing thing I've ever done and I am still blushing just thinking of it.

"Oh man what have I done." I whispered to myself placing my hands on my knees.

So this is what Finn was talking about and what Tyler tried to do.

I gasped.

Does this mean that someone else can do it for you? Do you do it with the person you date?

So if Finn and I date then....

I'm definitely going to have a heart attack before I'm even eighteen.

If I go down then I'm going to have to give Finn an answer.

Yes. That's what I want to tell him. Even though I'm completely freaked out about what comes with the whole dating package and I have completely no guts to disobey dad, I still want to say yes.

Dad is the most amazing guy on Earth. He'll agree, I know. Mum will speak to him.

And whatever Finn and I will do after we date, I know that he will never do anything to hurt me.

So that's it then.

I'm saying yes.

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes, feeling relaxed.

"Hunter." My heart skipped a beat.

"Vincent." I jumped up and pulled him in a big hug. "I did it."

He held onto me and I buried my face in his chest feeling ecstatic.

"Did what?"

I jumped at the sound of Finn's voice and pulled out of Vince's arms. I knocked the bed and fell back landing on it with a shock.

I burst of laughing because I was so happy that Finn was here and I could finally be his boyfriend.

I stopped laughing and opened my arms looking in Finn's direction. "Finn, come here."

He slept next to me and I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Hunter, how are you feeling? Did you get all the chillie powder out? And what did you do that's got you looking so happy." Finn questioned but I just smiled with happiness.

"Yes." I breathed out.

"Yes? Yes what? That your eyes are alright, yes that you're feeling okay, yes what?" He sounded so puzzled and I decided to clear his confusion.

"Yes I'll be your boyfriend." I finally said and I could actually feel how happy he suddenly was.

At that moment for some reason I thought of Vincent who I knew was still in the room.