Holding Onto You Chapter 46

Hunter's pov

When school started again after Spring break and I was back to being with my friends, the events that happened last week and also fifteen years ago began to ease a little.

Tyler, Sarah and I all stood in the hallway comforting Alex after his breakup with Cameron. Apparently he caught Cameron cheating on him and broke up with him immediately.

I guess highschool romance isn't meant to last. If Leo and Kerry couldn't last forever, is there really a chance for Vincent and I? Especially since I know Leo has been going to him for comfort and I know that Vincent only knows one type of comfort. I have a feeling that the two of them have slept together. Am I supposed to break up with Vincent just because he was comforting Leo for loosing the love of his life. Am I supposed to end my highschool romance because of someone else? Am I supposed to accept Vincent's excuses when I confront him about it or am I supposed to break up with him? But I don't want Leo to come between us. I don't want Vincent to be heart broken and seek comfort in someone else because it will defeat the purpose of our break up.

I don't want to lose Vincent and I don't want him to be with anyone else. I was just going to have to make him promise me that he wouldn't do it again.

Tyler also told us all about his amazing trip to Italy and I wished that I had taken him up on his offer to join him.

I felt Vincent's arms around me and I forgot all about his cheating, leaning into him.

"Where's Leo?" Was I stupid for asking him to keep Leo close to him so he doesn't feel alone, definitely. But that's just how I was, I couldn't let Leo be alone even if it meant asking my boyfriend to not leave his side.

"In the lake I told him to jump into." Vincent replied, turning me to face him.

"He jumped into your bed instead of the lake." I said, not distinctly enough for him to hear.

"What?" He asked, pulling me closer.

"Nothing. Where is he?" Now was not the time to confront him about it.

"He's right here. He is like a leech, he won't leave me." Vincent placed my hand on Leo's arm.

"Hi Hunter, is it okay if I'm around Vincent until school ends?" Now he asks. "I'm just not used to being alone in school. I owe all of you a lot for supporting me during this time, I wouldn't have managed to get over it without all of you. I definitely wouldn't have been standing here today, I would probably be in the ground next to Kerry but you guys helped me, especially Vincent. You're really lucky to have him."

"He's the lucky one." I corrected him. "You don't need to thank us Leo. You're our friend and I'm really proud of you for being so strong despite experiencing something so terribly sad. We are all here for you and I don't want you to leave my sight, trust me I will know if you do."

"Thanks Hunter." He hugged me and Vincent was quick to pull me away, getting in between us.

"Okay that's enough, come on Hunter lets go." Vincent took my hand and led me outside. He pulled me close and kissed me and I forgot all about his wrong doings.

"It seems like we haven't spent enough time together these past few days. I have so much to tell you but I don't even know what to say. I miss you so much when I'm not with you. Forget Leo, I don't want you out of my sight, come here." He pulled me into a tight hug and I don't even know how he managed to make his arms feel like the safest and warmest place in the world. It's no wonder Leo sought comfort in him.

The bell rang but he didn't let go of me, pulling me even closer. After a minute or so he pulled away and we headed to class.

The rest of the week went with me getting comfort from Vincent and my friends in school and comforting mum and Heather at home. We spoke about Andrew and mum told us all the little details about him.