Holding Onto You Chapter 11

Vincent's pov

I leaned against my locker as I watched Brian talk with his so called friends. That moron Kevin told him something and he burst out laughing, punching him on the arm. He told them something and they all nodded before going their own ways. He made his way to his locker which happened to be two lockers away from mine. I pulled out my cell phone to pretend like I was busy texting and not trying to get his attention. He opened his locker and started exchanging his books not even acknowledging my presence. I smirked to myself when I caught him stealing a very sly glance my way. I continued playing with my phone wanting to make him think I didn't notice him. I kept an eye on Hunter as he chatted with Tyler, Alex and Sarah down the hall. I haven't spoken to him since he arrived but I guess I should give him some space. He might be a little embarrassed after crying the way he did in front of me last night. I left his house this morning before he could wake up and I don't plan on telling him that I spent the whole night with him. He might feel more embarrassed.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and stretched my arms yawning loudly. He shot me an annoyed look and I smiled innocently at him. "And a pleasant hello to you too. You'd think you would be all smiles to see me considering you're in love with me. Do you not know how to be friendly?" I asked, hoping he would forgive me for punching him yesterday. The evidence was still on his face as clear as day and it made me sick to the stomach knowing I did it. I've punched him so many times in the past but this punch he did not deserve.

"I do, but not with an idiot like you. I've realized that I can do so much better then a violent hot-tempered impulsive jerk like you. I've moved on." He replied and I stared at him in shock.

"Moved on? In one day you moved on?" I intercepted. His words hurt me more then it should have.

"I don't want to date someone as violent as you Vincent. I thought by telling you the truth and telling you how I feel, you would be more understanding but your first reaction was to knock me to the ground and leave. And now you're acting as if nothing happened. It doesn't work that way." What did he expect me to do?

I asked him just that and he laughed without a trace of humour. "I'll tell you what I didn't expect. This." He said, pointing to his cheek and I immediately lifted my hand and traced it with my finger not caring that we were in the middle of the hallway filled with noisy teenagers. He leaned into my touch and sighed in defeat. "Loving you was my worst mistake."

"It doesn't have to be Brian. Believe it or not I've decided to change. I'm not going to get angry for everything and use violence as a solution, I'm going to be more understanding and caring." I said honestly and he raised a brow in doubt. "You think I'm not serious? Well let me tell you that I've come up with a better solution. Every time I get angry I'm going to uh..." Shit what am I saying. What am I going to do.

"You're going to do what?" He questioned, amused by my sudden uneasiness.

"I'm going to... I'm going to recite poetry." What? Where did that come from. Am I crazy. I hate poetry.

Bryan stared at me in shock. "Did you speak to Ron? I knew I shouldn't have trusted that traitor. What else did he tell you? Did he say anything about Pokémon because look I know that I'm too old for it but..."

"Brian what are you talking about? And who's this Ron chap?" I asked, stopping him from his rumbling.

His hazel orbs widened and he shot them to the ground finding interest in the tiles. "Oh so you didn't speak to Ron?" He looked back up and I shook my head confused. "Okay​ well go ahead, let's hear what you've got." He said, chuckling nervously.

"Wait what did you tell this Ron guy that you're not telling me? Is he your friend? Is he more than a friend? Is that why you told him?" I'd bash this dudes nose in if he thinks he can have Brian.