Holding Onto You Chapter 10

Vincent's pov

"It's not like I ran all over the place, I just walked down the hallway."

"Maybe you shouldn't have wandered off in the first place then."

"You could have warned me before letting me enter your home."

"How was I supposed to know that you're scared?"

"I'm blind, isn't it obvious?"

"He's harmless Hunter, and besides, if you can control your fears, You can do anything."

"Oh please Vincent no one can expect me to not be afraid of animals, especially dogs. They're so clingy and loud and they just so happen to be everywhere I go. I almost had a heart attack when I heard it bark and rub against my leg. I haven't had so much drama in my life than I've had today. Keep your dog away from me or I'm just going to fall down dead."

"Oh don't be so dramatic. But don't worry I let him out of the house so you're safe. Now can you get off me?" I tried to push Hunter off my lap but he tightened his grip around my shoulders and buried his face in my neck. He was still shaking like a leaf and his cheeks were once again stained with tears. Shit how could I let so many bad things happen to him in one day. First the panic attack from Alex and Mark's fight, then the fall when I rushed him to class and now he had to have a run in with my not so friendly dog Shaggydog who just so happened to go crazy when he saw Hunter. He didn't want to leave Hunter alone and I had to practically chase him out of the house. I knew Shaggy was my true best friend, we both go a little crazy when we're around Hunter. Since that happened twenty minutes ago, I've been trying to calm Hunter down but he still seems in complete shock. He hasn't stopped holding onto me since I came back from letting Shaggy out. Speaking of best friends, Finn was sitting on a nearby couch watching us in silence and not even offering Hunter one comforting word. In fact he was shooting Hunter daggers the whole time.

"No I'm not leaving you till you drop me back home and I'm safe in my bed." He said in a very baby voice. I couldn't help smiling at his childishness. "Now stop shifting and trying to push me off, I'm sleeping."

I pulled him closer to me and got comfortable on the couch with him lying on top of me. I rubbed my fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his head. "I'm so sorry Hunt. I invited you to my house to hang out and you had to get so shaken up. I'm really sorry, for everything that happened today. I promise none of it will happen again." I told him as I ran my hands up and down his back comfortingly.

"It's not your fault Vincent, I was stupid enough to think that I can go to school and hang out with friends and have a normal life. I'm such a burden." He replied in his sleepy mousy voice, sounding defeated.

"Hunter for the hundredth time, you are not a burden. I wouldn't want anyone else to be by your side besides me. You are my friend and besides the series of unfortunate events that happened today, I think I'm doing an excellent job at being your guide and friend. I promise you Hunter from today I'll save you from whatever impediments you meet." I told him reassuringly.

"My aren't you just an expert in the art of guiding someone?" He joked and rested his head once again and he was fast asleep before I could even reply. I looked at Finn and he just shook his head frustratingly.

"Well, that wasn't very pleasant." He said, standing up and coming to sit next to me in the little space left on the couch. "I need to talk to you about something Vince." He told me once he was comfortable.

"Yeah you have some explaining to do Finn. Ever since the first day of school you've been acting pretty eccentric. Did something happen over the holidays?" I asked him, concerned.