Holding Onto You Chapter 33

Brian's pov

The doctor had come at six thirty pm to do his rounds in the icu and he told us the same thing. Finn was stable and needed to wake up.

Finn's parents, Vincent, Mark, Vincent's brothers and even Mr. Edwards and Mr. Smith had all gone to see him during the seven pm visiting hours.

Vincent, Mark, Ryan, Hunter and I spent the night once again in the hospital with his parents. Although I didn't get much sleep because of my crazy thoughts. I spent the whole night trying to figure out why I was getting so worked up about all the attention Vince was getting from all the girls and some guys as well. I knew Vince was awake too but I didn't let my lack of sleep be known.

I knew that I was being a jealous prick but I couldn't help it. I know that Vincent's friends are just concerned about him but I just feel like life is so unpredictable and if this could happen to Finn, anything can happen and I need to keep Vince close to me or I might loose him.

Ever since what happened to Finn, I've been unable to think properly. I'm anxious and snappy and my chest has this unbearable pain as if someone took my heart out and put it on a machine to keep it alive. Why did it feel like that heart was Finn.

"Brian why are you shaking so much. Come here." Vince pulled me into his arms the next morning trying to calm me down but my hands wouldn't stop trembling. "I'm going in, you want to join me?" Vince asked me rubbing my back. Maybe seeing Finn would calm me down.

"So early, will they let you in?" It was six am.

"I'll sweet talk them, I just need to see Finn." He seemed edgy himself.

I nodded and he took my hand leading me to the icu. He rang the bell and a nurse opened agreeing to his request immediately and allowing us in. We entered and geared up before entering another door and I followed Vince all the way to where Finn was lying unmoved and so fragile looking.

"Hi Angie." Vince greeted the nurse who returned it with a big smile. "This is Brian." He told her.

"Hello Brian. Finn you've got another handsome visitor, you're a lucky boy." She spoke to Finn like he was awake. Something started beeping loud but Vince assured me that it was okay.

"Hey Finny." Vince greeted. "How was the visit from Marissa and Heather? Usually it's the girls who swoon and fall into the guys arms but you're the one unconscious here, not cool for your image." He leaned close and actual tears rolled down his cheeks. "Come on my boy, wake up. Its been two days already. I can't see you like this any longer. You can do it Finny just try. Sleeping makes wimps out of us." He straightened up and wiped away his tears. "I can't... tell him to wake up Brian, before I go mad. I can't go through another day like this." He left the room and I was left alone with Finn.

"Hi Finn. Vincent is just really tired, don't stress about him. He'll be fine but he'll be fine even faster if you wake up." I leaned over him, rubbing his cheek. "It's already Sunday Finn, I don't think any of us can go through another day. Especially your parents who are lost without you. Hunter is also disoriented and terrified. Come back for them Finn. And I still remember that you kissed me on Thursday, a lot actually and I don't plan to keep it from our boyfriends so you better get up so we can tell them. We did the same thing we wanted to stop them from doing so I'm not going to tell them alone, I fear for my life." I chuckled but started crying immediately. "Please wake up Finn, you can't let one worthless homophobic basher keep you down. If you are weak than how will Hunter ever learn to be a fighter and a survivor. We all know how strong you are, now prove it. Come on Finn. Wake up, please."

One of my tears fell on his cheek and I lifted my hand to wipe it away when I saw his eyes move. They fluttered open and close before opening once again. I got a huge smile when I saw his brown eyes. His hand wanted to grip onto something so I took it in mine and he relaxed.