Chapter 2: Erin POV

I was out the door in ten minutes.

It took me almost three hours to battle the winds on my way out of Rivendale. The cold air bit at my skin and I felt my fingers start to go numb right before I got out of the storms' range. Which was three miles in every direction around the city.

I had suspected Scott had some sort of power since he escaped Mythland with Gem. I didn't think it would grow to this extent. And so quickly. The problem is, I don't even know how to control my own magic, let alone help him with his.

My wings were practically frozen shut as I landed on Gem's landing pad. It had taken me way too long to get here. I banged on the door, gasping for air. My mouth was dry, and my tongue felt like sandpaper against the roof of my mouth.

It took a minute for Gem to open the door. "Hel- Erin!?" She stared at me in shock. "What's going on?"

"One- one sec." I panted, leaning against the door frame, trying to regain my breath. "Rivendale- Rivendale was hit by a surprise blizzard last night...All the crops were frozen over. Scott sent me over to ask if there's anything you can spare."

Gem's eyes widened slightly. She gave me a mistrustful look, like she didn't believe me but her care for other people overruled it. "Alright, I'll send anything I can tomorrow. If that's not enough, tell Scott to ask Pearl. She'll have something."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks." I said before standing up straight. "Now to make it back..." Before Gem could say anything, or worse invite me inside, I dove off the landing pad and headed back to the mountain ranges.

On the way here, I specifically avoided the easier route around the mountain ranges bordering the Crystal Cliffs and the Grimlands, I took the long route around it. But I needed to get back to Scott.

I flew over the salmon sanctuary mountain, when I felt something pierce the skin stretched between my wings.

I started to fall, fast towards the mountains. I flapped my wings, trying to slow down my fall but a second something pierced my left-wing joint, and I plummeted. I smashed into the face of a mountain and rolled down the side, hitting every ledge.

I gained control of my arms and dug my fingers into the rocks. I slowed down just enough to hit a ledge and stop. My knees buckles and I hit the ground.

I didn't know my body could ache so much. I felt blood start to drip down my forehead. I had definitely done something to my ankles and all my fingernails were bleeding. There was no way I could fly.

I looked over the edge of the ledge I had landed on. The mountain dropped into a valley, hundreds and hundreds of feet below me. If I hadn't stopped, I would have definitely died.

I scooched as far back as I could, pressing against the back of the mountain, staying away from the ledge. "Oh god." I muttered. I closed my eyes as tight as I could. "Scott...help."