Chapter 51: Scott POV

The doors of the palace blasted open as I walked out of them.

"You still haven't told us WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING!?" Joel shouted as he struggled to keep up with my pace.

"Erin has Shrub at the arch." I answered a little harshly. "She's trying to recreate the spell. Also, she has the dragon egg."

"WHAT!?" Gem shrieked. "WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THAT SOONER!?"

I shrugged. "Forgot. Now let's go!"

"Wait." Fwhip said, and I turned around to see him giving me a suspicious glare. "How do we know we can trust him...?"

"What?" I asked blandly. "What are you talking about?"

"He could be lying." Fwhip said. "How do we know he isn't luring us into a trap?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, and I felt my eyes glow.

"He could be working with Phoenix!"

"Why one earth would I try and help her destroy everything!?" I asked angrily, my hand flying to the hilt of my sword.

"You did it once." Sausage shrugged.

Fwhip's hand also went to his sheathe, and I saw him pull it out just enough for the dark grey metal to glint.

"Guys, stop it, we have to focus on finding Shrub!" Katherine pleaded.

"No, I want to hear what he has to say." I growled.

"Are we seriously just going to believe he knows exactly where they are from sleeping? How do we prove he's being truthful?" Fwhip snapped.

"You forget he saved Sausage's life a few years ago with the sleeping sight!" Pearl clapped back. "Why would he lie about knowing where Shrub is?"

"He said he wanted us dead a while ago!"

"I said I wanted you dead." I snarled.

"Why are we even following you anymore!?" Fwhip half-shouted. "You betrayed all of us!"

"I betrayed YOU!?" I roared. "YOU TRIED TO BLOW ME UP BEFORE I EVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU!"

"YOU TRIED TO KILL GEM!" Fwhip shouted.

"I NEVER TRIED TO KILL ANYONE. NOT UNTIL YOU STARTED THE WAR! HOW MANY TIMES WILL I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS!?"

"UNTIL I BELIEVE YOU!" Fwhip snapped. "YOU HAVE SUNK TOO LOW SCOTT!"

"Oh, I've sunk low?" I said in a low voice. "Well, if I've sunk low, let me get down to your level." Then I sat down on the ground, and the corner of my mouth twitched into a smirk.

Silence buzzed for a moment, and I saw stunned expressions out of the corner of my eye before Fwhip's face contorted in rage. "You know," he growled. "Gem was right. You and your brother are the same, provoking, troublemaking, incompetent people!"

I shot to my feet and Fwhip cowered backwards as I towered over him. "Oh really?" I raised my hand and Fwhip was shot backwards into the castle wall, ice incasing his neck, raising him a few feet off the ground. I heard Gem's unmistakable scream as she ran for Fwhip, but I was only focused on Fwhip, blocking the entire world out, unaware.

With my hands shaking in anger, I tightened the ice, and Fwhip started to choke, grabbing onto the ice, trying to pry it away from his neck.