Chapter 64: Scott POV

"What is he doing in here-?"

"Simple explanation really-"

"Jimmy."

"Calm down, he came in last night."

"Why?"

"He... he had another nightmare and he said- he said he didn't want to be alone."

"Seriously? Well, um, we're having breakfast soon if you want to..."

"Yeah, I'll wake him up and meet you down there in a few."

I heard, despite my mind being hazy from sleep, the door shutting. I curled my legs up slightly, farther towards my chest as I screwed my eyes shut to try and block out the light streaming into the room.

After a moment, I felt a light hand get placed on my shoulder and begin to slowly rock me back and forth. "Wake up Scott, it's time for breakfast." Came Jimmy's voice from above me.

"Noooooo." I groaned, burying my face in the pillow, shifting my wings to hide me from the other man.

"Oh, come on. Stop acting like a child." Jimmy said, shoving me slightly. I yelped as I almost rolled off the bed, clutching onto the sheets to stop me from falling. My stomach dropped from the scare, and I jerked up to a sitting position, wrapping my wings around me like a blanket.

I gave Jimmy a grumpy glare, rubbing my eyes with a bit of a pout. "Your mean."

"How am I mean? I'm waking you up for breakfast." Jimmy laughed, the freckle-like scales across his face scrunching along with his nose. I had to force myself to look away from him as a blush began to rise across my own face.

"But I wanted to sleep." I complained.

"Oh, you poor thing." Jimmy teased, poking my upper arm. "You can take a nap later. But right now, we need to go have breakfast and practice. You didn't eat dinner; you must be hungry."

I shook my head, despite my stomach aching with hunger. "Sleep now. I don't want to talk to anyone."

"I know you don't, buuut you have to." Jimmy replied. "It's part of life."

"I want a refund." I deadpanned, narrowing my eyes at him.

Jimmy snorted, trying to stifle is laughter. "I don't think that's possible- But you still need to come to breakfast."

"Noooooo."

The next few days were...amazing actually.

Sure, I was around a ton of people, and it was overwhelming at times but... Everything seemed to be falling back into place. And for the first time today, I managed to completely pull back the frost right after creating it. I was starting to see the ice as more of a gift now that it was completely under my control and now that it wasn't practically controlling me.

It had been a week and a half since we'd arrived in the Overgrown. I had gotten used to the glares I was getting from Lizzie, Joel and the staff of the castle. But everyone else was relatively...neutral I suppose? I had my first normal conversation with Fwhip last night at dinner. For the first time in what felt like forever we had talked without any death threats or insults entering the conversation.

Jimmy typically accompanied me...unless Lizzie convinced him to do something else. She and her husband were still very much wary of me, and I can see why. It's just...for the first time in years I've begun to feel like myself again. And my old self came with old feelings, so I too began to avoid him. Heartbreak was not on my to-do-list.