Chapter 23: Erin POV

I stood on the edge of the Eastern valley with Scott.

The army was coming back, and I could see the sun rising behind the dark clouds circling the sky. Perfect advantage for me and Scott.

As soon as I saw Fwhip, I smirked. I immediately realized Pearl, Gem and Shrub were absent. The rulers looked furious.

I gave them a little wave. "Good morning." I said.

"Scott." Fwhip growled. "We had a visitor last night."

Scott frowned. "Yeah, and this is relevant how?" he asked. He was doing a good job at being clueless.

"An assassin invaded our camp." He snapped. "And almost managed to kill a few of us."

Scott's eyebrows raised. "I didn't order an attack, although it is unfortunate none of you died."

Wow he was doing a good job. I mean...I didn't really tell him how the attack went. I kind of slipped into the palace, yelled down the hall that I was still alive and locked myself in my room.

Fwhip glared at Scott, then turned to me. "If you didn't order an attack, then why was Phoenix in our camp?"

An amused expression came to Scott's face. "She was, was she?" He swiftly grabbed the back of my shirt, "I guess I should punish her." And he shoved me into the valley.

I started to spiral out of control. I hit the side and rolled down it until I landed at the bottom of valley, sixty feet below in a frozen stream. "YOU HYPOCRITE!" I screamed up at him. I could tell he was suppressing a laugh.

I shot back up next to him with my hands on my hips. He couldn't help It anymore, he started to crack up and I punched him in the shoulder, hard.

The other rulers were staring at us in shock. "You really didn't know about it?" Jimmy asked.

"No." Scott lied. "She does what she wants when she wants to. I thought you would all know that by now. Of course, I'm not opposed to it."

"Not opposed to cheating and murdering people in their sleep?" Joey asked.

"Oh right, I forgot, that's your thing." Scott shot back.

"Alright, are we just going to stand here and argue, or can we start?" I asked with my hands on my hips. "I'm getting bored."

Scott rolled his eyes. "We're in the middle of a war, HOW ARE YOU BORED?"

I shrugged and he squeezed the bridge of his nose. "Fine, just go."

Then I jumped into the valley of my own accord. I dove down and just barely brushed the bottom of the valley with my feet before rocketing up towards the rulers. Before any of them could react, I grabbed Fwhip from under the arms and shot up with him.

"God your heavy." I grunted. Fwhip shouted and started to struggle. I managed to make it over a hundred feet over the ground before I couldn't carry him anymore and dropped him. "Buh-bye." I waved down to him as he fell. I could hear him swearing his head off on the way down.

Then, the worst thing possible happened. Gem came out of nowhere on a dragon. Fwhip landed in the saddle next to her, and she dropped him off on their side of the valley. I cursed in elvish and dove back down. The armies had attacked as soon as I had made the first move.

The bridge was the only connection point, and it was only 20 feet wide...it didn't go well for the puny humans. The elves stood at the end of the bridge and slaughtered every soldier in the front lines, and no one made it past the connection point. I landed next to Scott, who was standing on the edge of the valley, sword drawn.

"This isn't working!" I shouted over all the noise. I saw Gem's dragon breath fire over a group of elves.

Scott backed away from the heat, even I could feel it over here. "Those dragons need to go!" he said.

I cracked my knuckles. "I've done it once; I can do it again." I said.

Scott nodded before taking a few steps away from the valley. He then started to sprint toward it and over the edge. Ice formed under his feet as he sped at an angle down the valley. It turned sharply up, and he shot into the air, hitting the ground on the opposite side, and rolling before standing up. Shards of ice had exploded out of the ground around him on impact.

I looked away and instead up into the air at the grey dragon Gem was riding. I waited for the dragon to swoop low again to torch elves before I jumped up and latched onto the dragon's stomach. I squeezed the sides of its underbelly with my knees and dug my fingers into its scales to stay on.

The dragon started to twist to try and get me off. "Calm down." Gem said in a soothing voice. She obviously didn't know I hitched a ride, or she definitely wouldn't be telling the dragon to calm down.

I started to work my way up towards the neck when I heard something. "GEM, SOMETHING'S ON YOUR DRAGON!" Came Katherine's voice from below.

Immediately, I heard Gem grunt as she tugged the reigns, and the dragon began to spiral. I used the force of its turn to let go with my legs and shoot upwards toward the saddle. My foot made contact with Gem's face, and she was launched from the saddle as I grabbed the reigns and landed in a sitting position. That was smooth.

Gem started to plummet towards the ground, and I yanked on the reigns so the dragon would stop moving and so I could watch.

I saw commotion underneath her, but I was so high up they all seemed like colorful blobs. But then, out of nowhere, ANOTHER DANG DRAGON swooped down and caught Gem, piloted by Pearl. She must have been too injured to fight on the ground but apparently, she could do sky patrol.

I shouted in frustration. WHY COULDN'T I KILL ANYONE? I yanked on the reigns of the dragon and sent us into a nosedive. We shot straight towards the ground at like a bajillion miles an hour, right towards the valley.

Wind ripped past me, and the adrenaline of falling was almost too much to handle. I loved it. I could tell all eyes were on me. But I continued to drive the dragon into the valley and into the ground. I heard crunching as one of its ginormous wings scraped against the walls and I dove off its back. The dragon skidded across the ground, ripping up the earth, before coming to a screeching halt.

I scrambled to my feet. The neck of the dragon had ripped on impact and blood was already soaking the snow-covered valley floor. I couldn't help it. I laughed. I really hated dragons.

I shot back up to the elven side of the valley and to the bridge where I helped hold the line for a while. That's when I heard Scott scream.