Chapter 73: Scott POV

***Side note, I, eh definitely didn't forget who participated in Katherine's race for the crown- so I just added the emperors I did remember from it, and the people I thought would fit best for this chapter :)***

***

"SCOTT!"

I was instantly jolted awake, sweat coating my forehead and arms from my latest dream. A few details still remained, this one filled with fire. Fire consuming everything... Erin had been laying on the ground, her eyes void of life and her wings bloody and mangled. But this was just a dream. It had to be.

It was a few weeks after the...incident in the Grimlands. Erin was still healing up slightly, but other than that we had recovered.

Just as I took in my surroundings, the door burst open. Erin busted her way in, nearly knocking my bedroom door off its hinges. "OI, WAKE UP YOU DIPSHIT." 

Friendly Erin as always.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I shot back irritably, rubbing my eyes with my knuckles.

"It looks like you're taking your sweet time about it."

"What do you even need?" I asked, propping myself up better on my elbows.

"Nothing." She shrugged, holding a mug in one of her hands. She was holding it strangely, on the opposite side of the handle. I don't think I'll ever understand her.

"Then why the f—" I began, shooting her a glare.

"Oh yeah, you got a letter, that's why." Erin cut off as she remembered, holding up a rolled piece of parchment bound with a lavender ribbon before rapping me sharply on the forehead with it.

My glare intensified at the smug look she gave me. In return, I hit the bottom of her mug with the heel of my hand, splashing the liquid which looked like chocolate milk all over her face, wearing a smirk.

Erin flinched slightly, squeezing her eyes shut as the pale brown liquid dripped down her face onto her shirt. She had frozen for a moment, before slowly opening her eyes and her mouth, looking incredibly offended. In a moment her face had twisted in anger, and she swung at my head with the mug.

I ducked, snickering, even though I was pretty sure if she had managed to hit me with the cup, I'd have been knocked out cold. "Too slow—"

Erin's face scrunched in a playful fury, anger and excitement alight in her eyes mixed amongst the blue before she lunged for me, dropping the somewhat empty mug onto the bed.

I yelped as she slammed me back down onto the mattress, her arms hooking around my neck to hold me against the sheets. She grinned before smothering her face into the front of my shirt, wiping the chocolate milk off of herself and transferring it onto my clothes.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, trying to shove her off while also trying to fight off laughter.

"You started it!" She countered, smirking up at me, her usual white eyebrows and eyelashes tinted brown the slightest from her drink.

"Did not!" I shot back, rolling over to throw her over the other side of the bed.

She let out a strangled screech of rage as she tumbled onto the floor, shooting back up to her feet with a glare. "Rude!"

"You deserved it~" I sing-songed, only to be smacked across the head. "Owww."

"You asked for it." She replied to my whine, her hands on her hips. "So suck it up."