Chapter 16: Erin POV

The next morning, I woke up with a hole in my shirt.

The crystal had burned through the cloth on my chest and had left a red blister on my skin.

I sat up and yawned. I hadn't fallen asleep till the early hours of the morning and judging by the sun, I had only been asleep for a few hours.

I moaned as I pulled on a sweatshirt to hide the hole. I had a huge headache. I should really sleep more...God is Scott rubbing off on me this much? I stood up and immediately felt dizzy. Great. I walked down the hall, dragging my feet behind me.

When I opened the door to Scott's room, I saw him passed out on his bed. I wasn't surprised. He always looked exhausted these days.

"Scott." I said and jogged over to his bed. He was out cold, no pun intended. "Scott!" I tapped his forehead, which was freezing. "Wake up, I'm bored." I poked his cheek but that didn't do anything either. "SCOTT!" He must have been really tired because even that did wake him up. So, I jumped onto his bed and landed on him.

Scott shouted in panic and ice shot out of him. I was thrown from his bed onto the floor. I felt a burning sensation past right across my upper arm and my body instantly exploded with goosebumps and chills as I rolled across the wooden floor.

Scott hit the ground next to me. "No, no, no, no, no." he said and absolute panic and fear flooded his face. He helped me sit up. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Y-You missed." I pulled the sleeve of my sweatshirt up to where he had grazed me. There was a small bit of skin that had been blackened by frostbite and the skin around it was tinged blue.

"Oh my gods." Scott sighed with relief. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. "Don't ever scare me like that again. I could actually hurt you next time." He said in a barely audible tone.

"Ok." I whispered into his shirt.

He was taking deep breathes, trying to calm himself down. But apparently that wasn't working because he held onto me tighter. "Scott?" I asked quietly and looked up into his face. Tears were forming in the corner of his eyes, but they froze as they fell. He brushed them from his eyes and bit his lip. "Oh, Scott don't do this." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm fine."

"Yeah, but you might not be the next time." He said and his voice broke.

"There won't be a next time." I reassured.

"Yes, there will. I promise you there will be."

"Stop it!" I said and slapped his arm. "If there is we'll deal with it then, ok?" I stood up and immediately my head started to spin. The same voice from the night before filled my head and it felt as if my forehead had been pierced by a knife. Magic spiraled down my arms against my will and circled my wrists like snakes, hot like heated metal.

Scott stood up and caught me before I fell. "Woah, what was that?" he asked. As soon as Scott touched me the voice faded.

"I- Nothing. Just- just a headache." I said and forced a smile onto my face. Scott frowned.

"Uh huh..." he said and tapped my temple lightly. "Then why is your magic going on the fritz?"

"I don't know! You're asking the wrong person!" I snapped and pulled my arm out of his grip.

Scott bit the inside of his cheek. "You should probably get ready." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"For what?" I asked.