Chapter 14: Gemini POV

I was frozen in shock.

A few servants had come in and broken the ice around our wrists. Fwhip and Sausage had immediately chased after Scott and Erin.

The rest of us just kind of sat around the table. Jimmy was staring at it with a hurt expression. I didn't blame him. Scott had meant that for all of us. It scared me how much that smirked reminded me of Xornoth.

"I think Scott's gone." Shrub said in a barely audible voice.

"Well duh, he and that demon girl just ran off with Fwhip's gold!" Lizzie snapped. "Who knows where they'll hit next?"

"No. I mean our Scott." Shrub said. "Our friend Scott."

"The kid was always troubled but this? He's turning into his siblings..." Pearl sighed. "Living with Erin did this. I'm sure of it."

"So, what do we do?" Joel asked.

"I don't know." I said, and I felt my nose start to sting. I rested my forehead on the table as a new set of chills ran up my spine. I shivered and Katherine wrapped an arm around me.

"Come on, let's get you someplace warmer." She said and helped me stand up.

We all gathered in the living room while we waited for Fwhip and Sausage.

I leaned up against the bricks of the fireplace with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. After an hour of waiting, we were starting to get worried about them.

Then the doors burst open and Fwhip and Sausage walked in. Sausage had a limp, and they were both covered in small cuts and bruises.

"What happened?" Pixel asked and stood up.

"This is your fault!" Fwhip half shouted at me. "It was your idea to invite that psychopath! Now- Now-"

"What happened?" Pearl asked.

"Come see for yourself." Fwhip spat.

We left the mansion, and he led us in the direction of the coal trains docking station. Because I had lived in the Grimlands for the first 14 years of my life, I had memorized the train's schedule...and there should have been a train there now loading coal onto a conveyer belt.

But then Fwhip pointed down the train tracks. A huge tower of ice pierced the track and around it the track was crumbling to pieces before my eyes. I saw the debris of a train wreck through the clear surface. Scott had murdered an entire crew of train workers to cut off the Grimlands power supply.

"This was your idea!" Fwhip repeated. "Thanks to you, my empire is without power, and this "accident" has over a dozen casualties!"

I didn't know what to say. I looked back over to the train wreck. The coal was still burning, and people were on the track trying to put it out. My eyes filled with tears, but they froze as soon as they fell. "I- I never thought Scott would..."

"None of us did." Katherine finished.

"This was an act of war." Fwhip said. "The Elven Empire is officially an enemy of the Grimlands."

Everyone nodded in agreement. The elves were in trouble. Now, it was 11 to 1.