Chapter 25: Erin POV

As soon as Scott had handed me the crystal, I felt a surge of heat and power.

I didn't really know what to do with the crystal. All I know is the voice in my head told me to get the crystal. I had no plan whatsoever per usual.

"Please help Xornoth." I whispered. I heard someone right behind me and I spun around. I completely forgot I was holding the crystal and tried to blast the person, but instead of red magic, it passed through the crystal and turned into fire.

Joey got a face full of flames, but he ducked so unfortunately, it didn't burn him. "SICK!" I shouted. "THANKS, XORNOTH!" I turned in a circle, blasting fire in every direction.

You're welcome.

I should have realized then that the voice that answered was different than the one that had been talking to me. But I'm stupid, so I didn't.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Fwhip shouted as he ducked underneath my flames.

"HELL IS RIGHT!" I shouted back with a wild grin. "TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU!" I let my actions drown out my thoughts and I went with the flow without thinking about. I started blasting fire at anyone who came close. I cackled as I practically burned the scales off of Lizzie's arm and sliced Katherine's thigh open.

Jimmy, Fwhip, Gem, Lizzie, Katherine, Joey, and Joel, all surrounded me. "Drop the crystal." Gem said.

"Ah no." I said. "I won't."

"We'll kill you." Fwhip growled.

"Ok."

"You want us to kill you?" Jimmy asked.

"Oh, I don't care. You won't be able to, but you can try." I smirked. As I expected, Fwhip pulled the trigger on his crossbow and the rest lunged with their weapons. It was as if everything had gone in slow motion. I tossed the crystal into the air and dropped to the ground, spinning on my hands like I was breakdancing. All of them were blasted backwards as red energy exploded out of me. I jumped to my feet as the red magic melted back into my skin and I caught the crystal. "That was fun."

"No, it wasn't." Joel groaned.

I saw from the corner of my eye, Scott going 1:2 with Sausage and Pixl. It looked like Scott was panicked because the ground froze solid every step he took back. He didn't have his sword on him either.

I had gotten distracted. Lizzie had run up to me and shoved me into a wall, her trident at my throat. "Try your fancy moves now." She smirked.

My eyes widened as I saw Fwhip, and Joey and everyone else start to advance on Scott as well. Scott's eyes were wide, and I could tell he had no idea what to do.

"DON'T HOLD BACK SCOTT!" I shouted before I slid down to the ground and kicked Lizzie in the shins before she could run me through.

Scott's expression hardened. He took a few more steps back. Fwhip launched an arrow, but it was encased in ice the second it left the crossbow. Sausage swung his sword at him, but Scott grabbed the hilt and elbowed Sausage in the stomach.

Pixl stabbed at him with the pointed end of his trident, which Scott had previously snapped in half. It grazed Scott's shoulder, but Scott blasted Pixl with ice, freezing one of his wrists to the mountainside.

The rest of the rulers charged Scott and he gave me a look that said one thing. Duck. I crouched to the ground and pressed my face and chest into the mountainside, wrapping my wings around my body and closing my eyes tight.