Chapter 29: Scott POV

As soon as I attacked, everything erupted into chaos.

I managed to slide my sword in between Joel's arm and ribcage, slice the inside of his upper arm and kick him in the stomach. But not before his foot made contact with my jaw and I went tumbling across the ground. I looked up and saw Erin taunting Gem from the opposite side of the chasm right before I had to hit the ground again to avoid one of Fwhip's arrows.

I jumped to my feet and grabbed my sword before I attacked Fwhip. He drew his sword right in time to block my blow and throw us into a lock above his head. I pushed down and Fwhip's arms shook violently as he tried to keep my sword from piercing his flesh.

"You've fallen so far, Scott." Fwhip said. "What happened to the kid who helped us defeat Xornoth?"

I looked around, expecting someone else to attack me, but some of the elves had crossed the chasm and the rulers were busy with them. So, I turned my attention back to Fwhip.

"Remember that meeting in the Grimlands?" I grunted, inching our swords closer towards Fwhip's head. "Remember what you said to me?"

Fwhip's expression hardened as beads of sweat rolled down his forehead. "We were teenagers Scott I-"

"You called me a freak." I spat. "And guess what Fwhip? Guess what?" I realized he wasn't guarding any other part of his body and I kneed him in the stomach. He staggered backwards gasping for breath. "YOU WERE RIGHT! Oh, you're right about everything aren't you Fwhip?"

"Scott-" Fwhip started, gasping for breath as I advanced farther on him.

"My entire life I've been looked down on!" I shouted at him. "I've been hated, put down and picked on! Wanna try picking on me now? Huh? HUH?"

"That was years ago!" Fwhip said angrily.

"You think that matters?" I growled.

"Look, Scott, I'm sorry." He said. I heard sincerity but I didn't particularly care at the moment.

"A little too late for that don't you think?" I snarled. I slid my heel across the ground and ice shot out of the snow, pinning Fwhip's ankle to the ground. Fwhip's eyes widened in fear, and he tried to step back and break the ice, but he ended up falling on his back. I heard a crack as he fell. The sound of his ankle breaking.

I stood over him with an amused look on my face. Fwhip reached for his sword, but it was inches away from his fingertips.

"I don't particularly enjoy killing people." I said. "But at least you deserve it."

"You will never win. People like you never do." Fwhip spat.

"What do you mean people like me?" I asked angrily.

"People who destroy instead of build. People who kill instead of help. I may have been a jerk when I was younger but at least I'm trying to change. You on the other hand, are changing for the worse."

My hands were trembling now. With anger. "You don't know me. You never have." I said in a low voice. "And you never will. Goodbye Fwhip." And I drove my swords toward his stomach.

"STOP SCOTT!" Came a voice a recognized. I stopped my blade less than an inch from Fwhip's flesh.

"Jimmy. Stay out of it." I said, staring down at the ground, my sword still posed over Fwhip's body.

"I will not!" Jimmy cried. "You're trying to kill all of us! You're turning into Xornoth!"

I clenched my jaw. My hands were shaking even worse now and frost crept farther down the steel blade. "This is the second time you've stopped me from killing Fwhip." I growled. "I thought you hated him. He stole from you, and you repay him by saving his life."

"STOP TRYING TO START WARS!" Jimmy shouted. "You've stolen much more from me then he ever did!"

I froze. I looked up at Jimmy for the first time and saw his eyes watering. His knuckles were white from clenching his trident. Anger erupted inside of me, and I launched icicles from my hand towards his chest. Jimmy ducked and they barely grazed his head. I abandoned Fwhip and sprinted toward him, my sword ready.

I swung my blade at him in an arc, but he blocked it with the rod of his trident. His arm shook for a second before he shoved me off him and I slid across the snow for a foot.

"You won't kill me." Jimmy said.

"Let's test that theory, shall we?"

I drove my sword toward him, but he blocked with his trident and hit my hand with the left prong. I dropped my sword as my hand exploded in pain and blood started to drip down my wrist. Jimmy's eyes widened slightly, and I glared at him.

Then, without warning I dove towards him and grabbed the rod of his trident. We wrestled with the trident until I ripped it out his hands and threw it down into the chasm which was only a few feet away.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt underneath his breastplate and held him over the chasm. Jimmy struggled to keep his feet on solid ground and the arch of his foot scraped against the edge. He grasped desperately at my hand and wrist and his breathes were coming in quick and panicked. "Scott- Scott what are you doing!?" he said, his eyes wide. One slip and he'd be falling to his death.

I didn't answer him. I just kept staring at him with a stony expression, holding on tightly to my handful of cloth.

"Scott...don't." Jimmy pleaded desperately.

"I did tell you to stay out of the way." I said. Then I dropped him.

He screamed and started to fall. Suddenly a rainbow blur shot down and grabbed Jimmy's flailing figure before he hit the ground. Joey.

A feeling, almost like relief, flowed through me as Joey raised Jimmy out of the chasm and dropped him onto solid ground. But it didn't last for long as a blade grazed the side of my upper arm. I turned around and saw Sausage, wielding Mythbane.

"Hello Sausage." I said.

"I can't believe you tried to kill Jimmy." Sausage said angrily. "How could you?"

"I could say the same thing to you about joining Xornoth." I shrugged. "In my case, Jimmy got in the way. I did warn him." I raised a hand, and my sword came zooming towards me. I caught the hilt and brandished it towards Sausage. "You really want to fight me one on one?"

Sausage smirked. "What do you think I came here for?" He jabbed at me, but I parried his sword away and sliced at his torso. Sausage twisted backwards to avoid my blade and locked our swords in between us. "You've gotten better." He grunted and shoved my sword away from his.

I gave a little shrug before I quickly maneuvered my blade around Sausage's and sliced him across the chest. "I guess so." I answered as he staggered backwards. The cut I made wasn't deep, but it started to bleed. A lot.

Without warning a trident was launched at me. "THAT'S FOR ALMOST KILLING JIMMY!" I heard someone scream. I grabbed it right underneath the prongs the launched it right back at Lizzie. She ducked and grabbed the end before standing up. "Hands off Sausage." Lizzie growled.

"Oh, but I just started to play with him." I smirked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sausage collapse, but I wasn't paying attention to him anymore. I was about to lunge for Lizzie when I heard a crash from the other side of the chasm. I saw Lizzie's eyes widened and I turned around.

Erin had basically exploded from the palace doors and was running towards the edge of the chasm. I recognized the bag attached to her hip and I felt fear spread through my body in waves. This couldn't be good.