Chapter 35: Erin POV

My eyes snapped open, and I took in my surroundings.

I was strapped to a chair. The room was filled with advanced medical supplies that were really only accessible in the Grimlands and the Overgrown. I knew I was still in the Grimlands because of the people working in the room. They were human.

I looked down and saw my blood draining from the crook in my arm through a tube and towards a bunch of computers. Some was draining into a vial, and I saw a few of the scientist/healer people already experimenting on it.

"Oh great." I mumbled, and a few of the people looked up. I tried to jerk out of my seat, just to see what would happen. The first thing I noticed, my wings were stretched out and pinned to the sides of the seat. Second, an alarm blared, just from my movement.

I cringed, and because I couldn't cover my ears, the sound kept ringing in them, over and over and... The pressurized door opened and Fwhip rushed in.

"Do you mind stopping the alarm?" I asked as politely as I could, while shutting my eyes tightly and staying as still as I could. I heard a click and it shut off.

"Why did you try to escape?" Fwhip asked angrily.

"Uh, I just moved? Since when was that counted as trying to escape?" I asked.

He glared at me suspiciously. "You seem a lot more...tame then you were a few hours ago." He said, squinting at me.

"Um...ok. If that's the word you want to use..."

"GEM! GET IN HERE!" Fwhip shouted.

The door burst open, and Gem ran in. "What is it!?" She asked, her eyes darting from me, to Fwhip.

I shrugged, and the alarm went off again. "FWHIP!" I shrieked.

"SORRY!" He shouted over the noise and clicked the button. "Maybe I should take that off..." He reached over and pulled a pin from my neck that I hadn't noticed before.

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!? Wait never mind." I said, remembering the events before I was knocked out. But it did kind of sting.

"Why did you call me, Fwhip?" Gem sighed.

"She's being weird." Fwhip said quickly and pointed at me.

"Wha- How am I the one being weird!?" I asked.

"You're not being evil!"

"HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?" I shouted.

"Your right. She's being less...haughty." Gem agreed.

"Oh, so now I'm the haughty one." I answered in a bored voice. But in reality, I had a plan. I glanced from the tube inserted in my arm to the computers. "How much blood are you taking?"

"Enough to test on...why?" Fwhip asked.

"Oh...so that's why I'm getting dizzy...?" I answered, blinking slowly, and starting to purposefully sway slightly from side to side.

"Uhh, she's not supposed to-" Gem started, but then I closed my eyes and let my body fall forwards. "CRAP, GET IT OFF HER!"

I felt them and a few of the scientists scramble to get the devices off me. The tube was ripped out of my arm, and I had to clench my teeth to stop myself from screaming out.