Chapter 71: Erin POV

My dream came to a sudden halt as I was lightly shaken back and forth against the bed.

I grumbled as the details of my dream slipped like blood trickling through my fingers. It had been a good dream. At one point I had driven Jimmy's trident through a dragon's eyeball like a pitchfork and then crushed its heart with my hands... but never mind that, I was awake now.

Just from the cold feeling seeping through the sleeve of my sweatshirt against my skin, I could tell it was Scott. To be fair, who else would it be? No one else lived permanently within the Rivendale palace.

It had been several weeks since we'd arrived back in the Elven Empire. Though it had been years, I still recognized every square inch of the palace. Mainly because Scott's just basic and he doesn't like to switch things up every once in a while.

Besides Jimmy's occasional visits, (apparently, he and my brother were boyfriends again and I HAD to find out by walking in on them making out- why does no one tell me things?) no one else was here. Scott still needed to reelect the council because guess what? Fwhip gave him back the authority to his OWN empire again. Who knew he could be so thoughtful? Oh right, he's not. I still don't trust it, but Scott's been saying to just go with it...

"Erin, you need to wake up, we have a long flight to the Grimlands ahead of us." Scott hissed into my ear as he shook me just a little more violently. Right...we were going to Eastvale today.

In honor of the reestablished alliance between the Elven Empire and the Grimlands, Fwhip had invited us to a dinner of sorts in Eastvale. Again, I don't trust it. But apparently all the members of the 'royal family' had to attend and it was rude not to...I hardly counted as one, but Scott also didn't want to leave me alone here, so I had no choice. Great.

I swatted at him, scrunching my face to glare at him with my eyes closed. I heard him stifle a laugh at my expression. I felt him lightly jab the tip of my nose with my finger as my eyes shot open. "C'mon, get out of bed we need to get ready." He said with another small laugh.

"I don't want to go, though—" I began, batting at him to get him to leave me alone. That didn't work.

"Well too bad." He replied, poking me again, forcing me to flare my wings involuntarily. "Get ready quickly, mkay? I brought some of mom's old stuff—"

"Oh, I ain't doing that again." I cut off, giving him a look.

"Then what are you going to wear?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll figure something out." I shrugged, propping myself up onto my elbows. "I always do."

"Well, you better figure that something out before we leave in an hour." He said with a small, exasperated look, before leaving me alone in the room.

I groaned, shifting onto my stomach to bury my face into the pillow. Maybe I'd suffocate if I stayed like this for long enough. I released a small scream of frustration before rolling off the bed onto my feet, stretching. I had gotten a few hours of sleep which was better than normal...I had the strange feeling Scott drugged my hot chocolate so I'd actually sleep last night. But according to him I'm 'paranoid' or something like that.

I glanced around, before going to my closet. It was a mixture of things, some of Scott's old clothes from when he was younger that he had given to me, some nicer articles that had probably been Pandora's...and a few I had gotten in the Lost Empire.

I tugged a black blouse from the hooks, nearly tearing it on the close hanger as I did so. It was better than the lace and frills Pandora's 'ballgowns' were made from. I could have probably fed half of the homeless people in Eastvale with how much they cost. I dug around for the old corset I had. I still don't know why I had it; it was extremely uncomfortable. But at the same time, it was great at hiding weapons so I guess I'd have to sacrifice comfort for safety and reassurance that I could slice someone's ribs out and use the sharp, broken edges to gouge out their organs if they even tried to threaten me.