Chapter 19: Erin POV

I was ecstatic.

The armies collided in the middle of the chasm, slipping, and sliding. I had to dodge arrows as elves shot them into the air. I dove down into the crowd of soldiers and grabbed one of the Mythlanders by the scruff of their neck, pulling him into the air. I sunk my dagger into their stomach and dropped them down into the ravine. I smirked at their screams. I love war.

I picked off soldiers from the air, Scott was in the midst of the battle. He impaled a few soldiers with ice before attacking with his sword. I dove into the chaos and magic exploded out of me, killing everyone that was caught off guard within 5 yards. Were some of them elves? Yeah. Did I care? No.

I plowed through the army, searching for the rulers. I would love to take credit for their deaths. I narrowly missed being skewered by ice. Scott was violently freezing anyone in his path or impaling them with the spikes of ice.

"WATCH IT!" I shouted.

"THAT WAS YOUR FAULT"! He called back as he froze an Overgrown soldier solid before smashing their body into a million pieces. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

He had distracted me. I felt a piercing pain In my shoulder. A Grimlands soldier had stabbed a spear into it.

"Seriously?" I asked and blasted her in the face. She staggered back up. "Persistent. I like that." I sprinted toward her, and she held up her blood covered spear. I almost ran into it, but I slid underneath it and through her legs. I jumped onto her back, wrapped my legs around her waist and slid my dagger through her throat. "Walk that off."

I landed on my feet and wiped my hands on my pants before running back into the crowd of warriors.

My veins were glowing with red energy. I could see it flowing through my blood underneath my skin. My face split into a grin as I punched my way through the soldiers. They fell down dead, one by one.

I don't know how long I was out there, but I barely got a scratch besides that spear to the shoulder. That still annoyed me. Maybe if I murdered her family it would make up for it...No what am I thinking? They're probably not even in the army. If they were I had probably killed them already.

The voice I had been hearing for almost a week now had blended in with my own thoughts. Now I couldn't tell the difference. But I couldn't think about that now. I was in the middle of a war. Literally. I hadn't noticed but I was standing on the layer of ice...what if...

"I know what you're thinking." Came the unmistakable Helianthian accent of Pearl. "Don't do it. You'd be killing your own men as well."

Now, don't let the flower crown and dress fool you. This women is an absolute warlord in battle. What with her intricately detailed armor and golden axe. It's not real gold, that would be absolutely crap, but it looks just like it. It's beautiful, and that's saying something, coming from me.

I turned around to face her. "Do what?" I asked with a smile. I smashed the heel of my foot into the ice, and it cracked.

Pearl took a step back and set her jaw, raising her shield. "You really are crazy." She lunged at me with her axe. I bent backwards and I could practically taste the metal as the blade flew right over my nose. I sprung up and slashed with my daggers, but they sparked uselessly against her shield.

I sheathed them and smashed my shoulder into the metal. Pearl staggered backwards but found her footing and shoved me away. She swung her axe in an arc at my head, but I grabbed its handle, the blade inches away from splitting my skull.