Chapter 30: Erin POV

I sprinted across the grounds toward the chasm.

I spotted the dragon body a little ways away laying in the valley and I started running along the edge.

"ERIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I heard Scott call.

"YOU'LL SEE!" I called back with a mad grin. I avoided the arrows being shot from both sides of the chasm as I ran before diving into the valley and landed next to the body. The dragon head I had ransacked earlier was laying only a few dozen feet away.

I pulled the dragon blood and scales from the bag then reattached it to my waist. That's when I smashed the vile in my hand and let the blood drip down the creases in my palm as I started to chant in ancient runes. I had memorized this spell almost a year ago and my words came out in hisses and snarls, like a wild animal. My veins turned black as I continued the spell.

The storm overhead began to swirl above me, and I heard thunder rumble in the distance as the blood started to turn from scarlet to black. I reached my palm out to the body and the blood started to flow in strands around it.

Then I crushed the dragon scale in my hand and sprinkled it in a pattern in front of the dragon's snout. It was like a square within a diamond with straight lines crossing through the points.

Then I pulled out my dagger, still chanting. My magic had started to pulse in an orb around me and the dragon corpse.

That's when I made a deep cut in my palm and clenched my hand. Blood started to flow from my fist, and I opened my palm and let the blood drip over the crushed scale. The powder started to spark, and I stopped chanting and started to smile. It was working.

I heard shouting from the sides of the chasm and looked up to see all the rulers, including Scott, staring down at me.

"STOP, NOW!" Gem shouted in absolute horror. I gave her a smirk before I finished.

"FROM DEATH SHALL YOU RISE AND FROM DEATH YOU SHALL LEARN. TO FOLLOW MY LEAD AND HELP THE WORLD BURN." I screamed.

"ERIN NO!" I heard Scott shout before light exploded from the dragon's body. Me and everyone else was thrown backwards. I smashed into the valley's wall then rolled back down onto the ground.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the dragon twitching. My face broke into a grin as the dragon stood up, lifted its head, and roared. The sound was deafening and penetrated my bones. The rip in the dragon's neck stretched as it moved its head. Then it lowered its snout until it was eye level with me. Its eyes were no longer the shade of green they were before. The entire eye was a milky grey and the slit pupils had turned red.

I saw in the reflection of its eyes, my own face. My eyes were completely black from performing the spell, but the red of my eyes were shining through and my pupils appeared as slits. It would wear off soon, but it looked terrifying and incredible. I placed a hand on the dragon's nose, and it closed its eyes. "YES!" I screamed.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" Gem shouted.

"THE IMPOSSIBLE!" I shouted back up at her, before I jumped onto the dragons back and yanked hard on the reigns. He flew straight up into the air and flew stationary. It's broken and shredded wing creaked as it moved as the bones cracked and rubbed against each other. "WANNA TRY US NOW GEM!?"

"Oh no." Scott said. "Erin...get off the zombie dragon. Please."

"Yeah, get off it please." Katherine peeped.