Chapter 61: Scott POV

I was standing in the entrance hall of the House Blossom residence. Alone.

Everything seemed dim, the crystals giving a grey aura instead of their once colorful one. The candles had all been blown out and outside the windows were void, pitch black. I turned, and the entrance had been boarded up by old, rotting wood.

There were chinks in between the pieces of wood, and I slowly approached. Everything felt eerie, the quiet seemingly penetrating my skull as the only sounds were my footsteps which were loud in the silence.

I slowed down as I approached the boarded off entrance, feeling a wave of foreboding wash over me, sending chills down my spine.

Beads of sweat started to trickle down the side of my face as I got nearer. Finally, I could touch the boards. I brushed one with my fingertips, feeling the roughness and dryness of the ridges, before peeking through the chink to try and see outside-

Straight in front of my eyes, appeared two red ones, its irises glowing and scrunched in an evil grin. I screamed, my shout piercing the silence and echoing through the hall as I backpedaled backwards, tripping over my own feet and hitting the floor. Despite this, I still scrambled backwards, gasping for air as the red eyes disappeared from the space between the boards. As they disappeared, a cold, maniacal laugh echoed, somehow louder than my scream. But it was unlike the one that had haunted my dreams of the demon god. It was feminine and hoarse, sounding young at the same time. I recognized that laugh.

"Erin!?" I called, rolling over and getting to my feet, looking in every direction for the girl. "Where are you?"

"Ah...so we're playing hide and seek now? Fine...come get me!" Her voice echoed as I looked in every direction, every corner, desperately for my sister. I saw a cloak whip around the corner of the hallway heading towards the right wing where the two walls met.

I skidded across the ground, almost falling but using my hand to push myself up, as I sprinted as fast as I could towards where the cloak had disappeared. I was too fast and went out of control, slamming into the wall opposite, but recovered quickly, running down the hallway as fast as my legs could carry me.

I ran down the hall as the cloak disappeared again down the corner, this time going left. So, I followed it. Just like the entrance, both hallways were eerily dim. No light from candles, windows, or chandeliers, yet there was still light coming from somewhere, giving everything a somewhat grey tone.

Once I rounded the corner, I saw the door to the lounge swinging, and quickly entered. The fireplace was empty, the windows boarded up like the rest, through the chinks still just darkness.

The room was clean, but at the same time, felt as if no one had entered in years. The floor creaked under my feet as I skidded to a halt, now cautiously creeping into the room.

I heard a giggle, loud as if spoken into a microphone. It seemed to come from everywhere, making it impossible to tell what direction she was.

I was immediately startled and froze in fear.

"Come on...it's not fun if the seeker doesn't seek." Erin's voice taunted. I could hear the grin on her face.

I slowly took another step, the wood creaking again creepily underneath my feet. I dropped to my knees, obliging to the girl, peering underneath the couch for her. Nothing.

"Still cold...although I suppose that suits you..." she teased from wherever she was at. I clenched my jaw, getting back to my feet. I peered behind the curtains now, the silky fabric feeling like water as I moved it.