Chapter 46: Scott POV

I had to stop myself from panicking the entire way there...I was going to see my sister.

It took us hours to get to get to the specific set of mountains me and Erin had taken refuge in over a year previously. I was practically shaking with nerves.

Then, my jaw dropped. The mountain top...wasn't a mountain top anymore. Floating in thin air was the top half of the mountain, the front of the ice palace peeking out the side like the last time I had saw it.

"Oh no..." I muttered.

"Uh...I'm guessing it wasn't like that before?" Jimmy said from behind me.

I didn't answer him. I pulled up on the reigns and began to descend our dragon. I looked behind me and saw the others following.

We landed and I slid off the saddle, Jimmy fell off after me.

"What is this place...?" Gem asked after she had gotten off her, Pearl and Fwhip's dragon.

"Where me and Erin stayed in the months before the war." I said and ran a hand through my hair.

"You lived, up there?" Fwhip asked skeptically and pointed up at the floating mountain.

"It was not floating the last time I was here." I said.

"So what do we do?" Katherine asked.

"Well...we can fly up there, I'll get off at the island and try to talk to her...you guys circle in case she uh- in case something goes wrong." I answered.

"Okay." Lizzie said nervously, and we all climbed back into the saddles. I had to help Jimmy up again. That flight had to have been one of the most awkward things I have ever done.

As soon as we launched, Jimmy grabbed tightly around my waist again to keep from falling off. I froze, but I didn't say anything. I really, really hated this.

I turned the dragon in the direction of the "floating island". We swooped towards the ground and landed on the very edge of the land mass. That's when I saw her.

She was standing in front of the entrance to the palace with a stunned expression. I saw what Fwhip meant...why did I let her leave?

I slid off the dragon and Jimmy clumsily flew the dragon off the island and began circling it with the others.

"Hey." I said quietly and started to slowly approach her. For only a year and a half, she looked much older. She seemed almost an inch taller than the last time I saw her. But her eyes...that red was not the airy red of her magic, but Xornoth's red.

"S-Scott?" she asked, her hands shaking.

"Yeah...it's been a while hasn't it?" I said, I was less than ten feet in front of her now.

She glanced up at the dragons and took a step back, her eyes flickering.

"It's ok." I said. "No one is here to hurt you."

She looked me up and down slowly. "Scott you should leave." She said.

"Hey, we're here to help you." I said, taking a few steps closer. "We can bring you back and-"

"No- Scott- Scott I can't- you have to leave before-"

I grabbed her hand before she could finish her sentence. "We're here to help you." I repeated. But then her red eyes widened in fear.