Chapter 60: Jimmy POV

Just letting y'all know I'm changing the 'James Pov's' to 'Jimmy POV's' so no one gets confused-

***

The sun shone through the window of the spare bedroom I was staying in, the warm Overgrown light bathing the room in a soft glow.

I had been awake for who knows how long, staring up at the ceiling. Scott's words from yesterday at lunch kept repeating over and over again, each feeling like a fresh stab to the chest. Why would he do that? Why had he done all of that? Like most days recently, I found myself close to tears, but I sat up, wiping the water from my eyes before they had a chance to fall.

No, don't think about him. He isn't worth your crying. He doesn't care, so neither should you. I desperately tried to tell myself, but that just opened the door to flood gates. The hot tears poured down my cheeks, dripping over my chin and landing in my lap.

"No- No stop." I begged in a whisper to myself, screwing my eyes shut to try and stop the crying as my breathing shook and started to come in sharp quick gasps. I forced myself to take deep breathes. Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out- nope. I choked down a sob, covering my face with my hands. Why was this happening again?

It took almost twenty minutes for me to calm down. The sobbing had stopped, and the occasional tear found its way down my face, but I had managed to stop.

A moment later though, there was a knock on my door. "Jimmy?" Came my sister's voice from the other side of the wood. "You awake?"

"Y-Yeah." I answered quietly, still sitting cross-legged in my bed, slightly hunched over.

I could practically feel Lizzie's concern radiating through the door. "Can I come in?" she asked gently.

I nodded, before I realized she couldn't see me. "Yeah." I said again, choking down a fresh sob and wiping all remnants of tears from my face. Although, there was nothing I could do about my red eyes and sticky face.

The door creaked open quietly and Lizzie peered inside, her long pink hair in a neat braid. Her face fell slightly when she saw the state I was in. "Oh Jimmy." She said softly, stepping all the way into the room and closing the door behind her.

I felt my eyes begin to sting again and I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from wailing aloud. Lizzie sat down on the edge of the bed, and as soon as she opened her arms, I crawled over to the end of the bed, burying my face into her shoulder and bursting into tears, racking sobs shaking my body.

My sister rubbed my back in soothing circles, staying silent for a while as I just cried, pouring my pain out through the tears, my hands wrapping around the folds of her shirt.

It was a while before I remembered to breath, taking deep breathes that hurt my chest, sending sharp pangs through my lungs.

"Hey, hey, just breath." Lizzie said quietly. "It's okay. Now what started all of this?"

"It- It's him!" I wailed into her shoulder. "I- It's been so long I- thought I was fine- I was fine until he came back-"

"Shh..." Lizzie whispered as I broke into another fit of sobs. "Hey, Jimmy, look at me." She gently lifted my chin up to look up into her face, and my murky brown eyes met her sea blue ones. "Scott does not deserve you, okay? He chose to leave you, and that's no one fault but his. If he can't see you how I do, he is not worth one single tear of yours, okay? I know it's hard but trust me. You'll find someone who cares more than he ever could."