Chapter 62: Scott POV

"Come on, wake up sleepyhead."

I woke up to gentle shaking, rocking me back and forth on a soft surface that was the mattress. I groaned, opening my eyes a sliver. I saw a blurry image in front of me, of brown eyes and dirty blonde hair that I knew so well. I shook my head, pressing my face into the folds of my pillow, clutching at it as if it were a lifeline.

"Aw come on. It's getting late Scott. You need to wake up." Jimmy said, shaking my arm again.

"Ugh." I mumbled, pushing myself up from the bed and rubbing my eyes.

"There you go. It's like, ten o' clock." Jimmy said, sitting down next to me, but leaving space between us. "The others were shocked to hear you slept in-"

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically, my voice hoarse from sleep.

Jimmy rolled his eyes. "Oh don't be like that." He said still wearing that cheeky grin of his. "Want to go downstairs for breakfast-?"

"No." I cut off, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oookay then." Jimmy answered. "I'll bring it up here I guess-"

"You don't have to-" I started.

"Scott, you need to eat. I'll be right back." He said with a tone of finality, standing up and leaving before I could protest again.

Ten minutes later I was sat crisscrossed in the center of the bed, my chin resting in my hand and my other hand playing with the sheets and drawing patterns in the folds.

After a moment, the door opened and Jimmy came back in, carrying two bowls of cereal, although one was absent of milk. "I heard what happened a few days ago- thought it best if I give you it dry." Jimmy said a bit awkwardly, handing me the bowl before sitting down next to me with his own breakfast.

"Thanks." I mumbled, pushing the dry cereal around with the spoon before taking a bite.

"No problem." Jimmy answered with a small smile.

We ate in silence. Surprisingly, I almost finished my cereal. Jimmy smiled at me again, before taking the bowl from my hands.

"I was thinking we could go for a walk. Around the castle or outside or something-" he started.

"Why are you being so nice?" I blurted out before I could stop myself, my face twisting in confusion.

Jimmy frowned at my question. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Why are you being so nice after- after everything I've done. After everything I've done to you!" I repeated, my voice cracking with an emotion I really didn't want to feel at the moment.

Jimmy sighed, putting the bowls on my nightstand. "I guess I just...wanted to start over with you, you know? I miss you." He said quietly.

"Uh huh. And how do we start over?" I asked, feelings beginning to boil seemingly underneath my skin and in the pit of my stomach. "I can't do this again Jimmy-"

"Hi. I'm Jimmy." He said, cutting me off and holding out his hand as if asking for me to shake it.

"Wha- I'm not doing this." I said, my eyes narrowing at him.

"You're doing it. Come on." He replied, moving his hand to try and get me to take it.

I rolled my eyes before I sighed. "Hey, I'm Scott." I said, trying to keep my begrudging tone from my voice, as I took his hand and shook it twice.

Jimmy smiled. "There you go." He said softly. "Now let's go on a walk. Come on." He added, tugging on my arm gently, bringing me to my feet along with him.