01 | bloodshed

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

"Boss, boss, please," Liam heaves as blood drips from his forehead to and over his lips. "It-it was a mistake."

I smirk at his whimpering nonsense, pacing up and down in front of him as he kneels against the floor. Hands tied to his back and his face painted black and blue.

"There is one thing I ask when you join my empire," I say deeply, the soles of my shoes echoing off the wooden floor. "And that is for loyalty."

"I-I didn't know what to do!" He yells in despair but I don't feel sorry for him. Anyone who purposely crosses me or stabs me in the back is not worth my time. Not now, not ever. "He threatened me, he threatened my family, I couldn't just do nothing."

My fist collides with his face again and his blood splatters across the floor, saliva dribbling out of the corner of his mouth. He almost rolls over but I grab him by the collar and keep him on his knees.

I lower down and level my lips next to his ear. "You're a liar," I snarl harshly. "They didn't threaten you. You gave away the information voluntarily in hope for a cash reward. Isn't that right?"

Liam flinches from my voice and he shakes, hands trembling behind his back.

"Boss, I'm sorry. Please, please. Let me fix this. Let me do something to fix this."

My foot lifts up and I boot him in the chest, he falls back onto his ass, crushing his hands. He whimpers at the pain and breathes heavily into the dirty floor. "Why would I give you another chance when you were so prepared to fuck me over?"

"I didn't know what to fucking do, I was scared. He sent me pictures of my family, saying that if I didn–"

A laugh passes my lips. "Scared? You're such a fucking liar. I don't like liars." Liam rolls onto his side. "Get on your fucking knees, now!"

He struggles to move into his original position but after a few moments he gets there, blood covering every inch of his face.

I grip the back of his head and force him to look me directly in the eye. "For one, no one who works for me should admit fear or terror. You're a coward and a pathetic excuse for a man." I spit in his face. "You are fucking worthless to me, to this gang. I should have gotten rid of you at the start."

Pure horror crosses his expression, he already knows his fate but he doesn't want to accept it.

"Lonzo please," he pants.

I tut at his words, shaking my head. "What gives you the right to speak my name?"

"Boss, boss," he chants as I stand from the floor and reach into the waistband of my trousers, pulling out my handgun.