34 | club opening

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

I slowly drag my angled eyeshadow brush across my lid in a soft brown, making sure that the liner is perfect. It's been a while since I last went out–my birthday to be exact–and that feels like a lifetime ago.

Lonzo inviting us to Zane's new club opening was a little bit of a shock to the system but I know he wouldn't say we could go unless it was safe and now I trust him. Especially after the last few weeks we've had together, things have changed and I'm not quite sure what they truly mean.

A knock at my bedroom door stirs me away from the mirror, I turn to find my brother leaning against the doorway. He's dressed down in a black shirt, rolled up to his elbows to flash off his tattoos. I notice that his brown hair has some product in it, it's pushed to the back with a tiny piece dangling in front of his eyes. Rings cover his fingers and a chain around his neck, tucked into his shirt.

"How long?"

I roll my eyes. "How long is a piece of string?"

Gabriel grumbles something under his breath which I choose to ignore and then I continue with my make-up. "We need to leave soon and I know Lonzo doesn't want to be late. We are Zane's VIP's on opening night, you have to get there when it practically opens."

"I'm almost done," I say, placing down the brush. My hand leans over my dressing table to grab a bottle of setting spray and I spritz it across my face. "I just need to get dressed."

He shoves his hands into his pockets and nods. "Alright," he says as I stand from the stool and inspect my hair. "I've just been speaking to Lonzo. The club is secure but we will need security guards as well."

I hum and run a clear gloss across my lips. "I mean I doubt we'd be going if it wasn't secure."

"I was just letting you know," he throws his hands up in defence. "I don't know how you're feeling after everything and I want you to know that you're safe with us, always safe with us."

My head rotates towards my brother and I offer him a little smile. I've tried to block Jace out of my mind because if I think about it for too long, it makes me want to break down all over again and I know I need to be headstrong and move past the trauma. It certainly won't be the last.

"I know," I say honestly. "Go. I need to change."

Gabriel nods once and then steps out of my room and I draw the black strapless mini dress from my wardrobe. I can't remember the last time I wore this dress but it definitely needs a good show-off tonight. Why not wear your best clothes when your nights are limited?

Once in the dress that pushes up my breasts to perfection with the most perfect amount of cleavage, clinging to every damn curve and making my ass look even more juicy than it normally looks. I slip my feet into a black pair of stilettos and reach forward to wrap a delicate gold choker around my neck.