51 | where is she?

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

During the time I round up my men, a few doctors are called to check out Zane's bullet wound on his leg and everyone else that was injured during the attack. Gabriel is already gathering locations to look for Alexia, finding out any possible information.

Neither of us will rest until we know that she's safe and back with us.

Zane groans on the ground as the doctor looks at his leg, red crimson blood everywhere.

I send out my men that are uninjured to locations to try and track down Landon and figure out where he's taking Alexia. There are already a bunch of workers heading to his house but I know he wouldn't be stupid enough to take her there.

He will take her somewhere that we don't know the location of–a place he thinks we don't know about.

Zane's phone rings in his jacket pocket and he grunts as he tugs it out, the doctor attempting to take the bullet out of his leg without him losing too much blood. He's going to need stitching up otherwise he'll bleed out.

"Yeah?" He rasps when he pulls the phone up to his ear.

I glance at him out of the corner of my eye and send another group of men to another location, they move in a hurry and I walk towards Zane. His eyes find mine as he approaches, he hums and then grinds his teeth into one another at the pain.

"Are you sure?"

My arms cross over my chest and I begin to get impatient. There is no time to be pausing and standing around doing nothing. Alexia's life could be on the line and I will not let him get away with this, not this time.

I have plans for him and I wish for them to be carried out to the most gruesome of realities.

"Alright, thanks." Zane says before he ends the call and hisses when the doctor pours a liquid onto his wound.

I shuffle closer. "What is it?"

"Landon," he groans again. "I made sure some of my men held back so they could trace his steps. His car has been spotted leaving a house up in the mountains."

"Is Alexia with him?"

His head shakes. "I don't think so. They didn't mention anything, so I doubt it."

"It might be a trap." I begin to pace.

Zane scowls in my direction. "What are you talking about?"

"Why would he leave? He could be luring us there and it's a trap."

"I don't know," he says before hissing as she places pressure onto the wound. "But we don't have time to think about 'ifs' and 'buts'. I'll keep you updated with any more information, if any of my men spot him elsewhere."

I turn to the wall. "Cazzo," I curse. "He could be playing us but we have to go and see if she's there, if not we will have to jump around the other locations. But this is the only shot we've got right now."

Zane's dark eyes waver for a moment as he rests his head back onto the cold ground. "Don't take this for granted," he grumbles under a low breath. "If you get the chance, make him suffer. Do what I couldn't, when I see you next... I don't want that fucker breathing anymore."

My head nods at him. "Hai la mia parola."

(Hai la mia parola: you have my word)

Zane tells me the location of the house and I place the information into my phone before it's forgotten.