36 | new place

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

L O N Z O M A T T I A

Getting back into work now that Zane's club launch has been and focusing on the empire after Jace's death, it's been my priority to make sure that everything is running smoothly. It's safe to say I've been a little distracted–that distraction being Alexia and doing absolutely anything to get my attention. Which isn't hard by any means.

I know Gabriel has been run off his feet this week with taking on Jace's old job, dishing out work to my other men so that we can keep this empire afloat. I can't remember the last time I got a good night's sleep and I'm not up at five in the morning to start the day.

Zane's name lights up my phone as I push back in my chair and rub my eyes quickly. I answer the call and raise it to my ear. "Zane," I say into the receiver. "How are you?"

"All good, Lonzo. All good."

"The launch was great." I comment. "Gabriel and Alexia had a good time."

"I'm pleased," he says deeply. "It was a successful night to say the least, many more to come. But I called just to give you an update on Landon."

At the mention of his name, I lean onto my desk with my elbow and I focus my eyes on the wall ahead. "Yeah, what's been going on?"

"He's back from his trip to Milan on the weekend and he's eager for us to meet to discuss our new plans for this club," he explains. "But I found the perfect warehouse to show him, for him to fall for this stupid plan and make him pay for his sins."

My eyebrow quirks gently. "You think it will happen that soon?"

I had no idea Landon would be so eager to start a business with Zane, not this soon anyway but he's always desperate for money and for power. He probably things it'll be the perfect opportunity to get him more women, drugs, clients. But little does he know, we're just fucking with him.

"Faster than I expected," he says. "But I can get the warehouse set up before, give us a head start and then we can go from there."

My lip curls into a smile. "Sounds like a plan."

"I also believe that some of his soldiers are loitering around," he warns me. "Especially with the club now open, I know that they'll be lingering because Landon will want to make sure I'm legit."

"I suspected as much." I admit and push my sleeve up to my elbow.

Zane clears his throat. "We need to be more careful when we next meet up, we don't want anyone getting suspicious and ruining our plan when we're so damn close. You have no idea how long I've wanted to take that sick fuck down."

I huff out a breath through my nose. "You and me both, fratello. But you're right, we need to be careful from now on. Once he's gone, we won't have to worry about this shit. We can focus on now and get him out of the way for good."