53 | ti amo

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

The last three days have been a whirlwind to say the least. I slept, tried to keep up my energy and then slept some more. I can still see Landon in my mind, I can still see the light leave Dante's eyes, I can see the way Gabriel and Lonzo both stared down at me in horror and fear.

All of it. It hurts to remember. It hurts to relive.

My body won't give me a break.

Lonzo slipped into his bed later that day and tugged me into his body. I never took him much for a cuddler–especially in his own bed–but he didn't let me go all night. He pressed kisses to my face, my neck, my shoulder. Everything to remind me that I'm here with him and nowhere else.

That's when I remember Lonzo saying those three words to me. I was too out of it to even respond, to say those words back. Because I do. I've loved him for weeks, if not months. Despite how many times I tried to push away those feelings and not fall for the man I wanted to kill when I first met him, I couldn't help myself.

Everything fell into place between us.

I've barely said two words since I came home. It's taken a while to adjust and find my voice after what happened, it's not that I don't want to talk–I'm afraid I'll crack and fall down into a depressive spiral.

Gabriel has been practically waiting on me hand and foot, Lonzo too. I haven't seen or heard them argue so I presume things might have worked out between them, that Gabriel isn't furious at Lonzo for going behind his back and lying to him.

I know they have a lot of work to do now that Landon is dead because I know it doesn't just end there. His gang still lives on, Lonzo still needs to protect his empire and everyone inside of it.

They want to be there for me but they also have to sort out this mess that's been caused.

My stomach churns. I can't help but feel partly responsible. If I wasn't here, I know that not that many people would have died. Those things might have played out differently and Landon would have been ended long ago.

He was right, I've been a distraction to them both. I didn't take it seriously at the start, I never did.

I brush through my wet hair as I stare back at myself in the mirror of Lonzo's room. The room I've been staying in for the last three nights. Never before had I seen his room, or the fact that his scent comforts me more than I realise.

"Knock, knock," I hear Gabriel's voice behind me as he taps the door at the same time.

My eyes flick to the reflection and I smile at him gently as he stands in the doorway. "Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrug simply. "Okay."

"Just okay?" He takes a few slow steps into Lonzo's room and stands behind me.

"Just okay." I clarify.

I drop the hairbrush to the bedside table, just in time for Gabriel to wrap his arms around me from behind. My eyes shut as I grip onto his forearms and press into his chest, letting my weight rest on him.

"I'm so glad you're alright," he whispers into my ear. "I was so worried about you."

"I know," I nod and open my eyes to look at us in the reflection.

He clears his throat and then pulls back, our arms dropping to our sides. "I contacted mum and dad."

My head whips to him so quickly I almost snap my neck. "You did?"