40 | heartless punishment

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

Suddenly I realise what a silly mistake I've made because the look on Lonzo's face isn't welcoming or warm. It's from the depths of hell and I know I've fucked up. The guy whose name is Daniel is still trying to talk to me, Dante somewhere at the bar who hasn't noticed Lonzo yet either.

"He looks angry," Poppy whispers.

"Yeah, I'm totally screwed."

Lonzo takes two steps towards me as I swivel in the chair, feeling my blood run cold within a matter of seconds. Oh God. Oh God. His dark eyes narrow towards me, shoulders tense and his stance–he's about to show me who's boss.

When he's within walking distance of me he pauses. "Get your fucking ass off that chair. Now."

His words are sharp and lethal. Yet my thighs clench together at the way they crash over my body, knowing I've been up to no good without telling him where I am. I know my safety isn't guaranteed but it's not guaranteed anywhere. Lonzo and Gabriel trust Dante, I trust the club and the owner, Zane, and I'm too tipsy to care about any other reasons right now.

I'm allowed to go out when I fucking want. I am nobody's prisoner. Besides, Dante has been here all night watching my every move. I've been safe.

Daniel turns to a fuming Lonzo. "Back off dude," he grunts.

Lonzo's pitch black eyes turn to the stranger beside me, he grabs a fist full of his shirt and for a second I think he's going to headbutt him but he doesn't. "If you don't leave within the next five seconds, I'm going to spray your brains across the fucking wall. I don't care who sees it." Lonzo growls through his teeth.

The guy's eyes shoot wide at his tone. It's one that you don't mess with. He scrambles from the seat like a coward and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "Stand the fuck up now," he says again. "We're going home."

I press my teeth into one another and look at Poppy, she's staring at Lonzo like he's terrifying but deep down he's actually soft when you get to see the real him. "Are you okay with him?" She whispers in my ear and my heart lurches to think that she worries he's going to hurt me.

My head turns to her green eyes and I nod. "Are you going to be okay getting home?"

"I'll get a cab from outside," she points to the steps.

"Alexia," Lonzo growls. "Don't make me tell you again."

I stand from the stool and pull down my dress, giving Poppy a glance over my shoulder before Lonzo takes my wrist in a tug but not enough to hurt. I can practically see the seam evaporating from the top of his head.

"You're in so much fucking trouble." He drops behind me and presses his lips to the shell of my ear. "God, you're going to regret this, Alexia."

A shiver runs down the centre of my spine and straight to my core, giving me an electric shock. I almost jolt at the sensation but I don't want to give him the satisfaction that seeing him like this turns me on.

I've always wondered what angry Lonzo would fuck like. How much he'd punish me through a hard fucking, slapping my ass until I'm begging for him to stop. I glance up to find Dante right beside him.

"Boss," he starts.

"I don't even want to hear it." He snaps. "Drive back to Alexia's house, I'll take her there myself."

Dante nods and huffs out a breath of relief but he shouldn't speak too soon. I wouldn't put it past Lonzo to then break his neck in two for allowing me to come out–maybe I didn't think this through at all.